YouTube I'm a little confused about my partnership

gunsage

Freedom! Member
I started my partnership with Freedom back late last year and started trying to do everything that was recommended to grow my channel. A few things worked, but overall I really didn't get that many more subscribers, views, comments, etc. I've been trying a few different things here and there, but recently when I went to log into my Freedom dashboard, I noticed my account wasn't linked anymore.

Sure enough, I looked on the left hand side and there are several fields that I can't click on with them stating "you need to have at least one active channel linked to access this." I ended up having to re-apply for partnership and when I checked why, the only thing I could find was "! few comments." So I guess I have a few questions about this.

First off, does this mean I'm not partnered at all anymore? According to my youtube channel, I am partner verified, but when I check on tb it says the "Owner or MCN" is myself. Second, I haven't heard anything back about the re-application process and I'm not sure when I will. And third, does this mean I shouldn't use the Freedom branding kit for my intros/outros or make any reference to Freedom in the interim?

Any assistance with this would be greatly appreciated.

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
I started my partnership with Freedom back late last year and started trying to do everything that was recommended to grow my channel. A few things worked, but overall I really didn't get that many more subscribers, views, comments, etc. I've been trying a few different things here and there, but recently when I went to log into my Freedom dashboard, I noticed my account wasn't linked anymore.

Sure enough, I looked on the left hand side and there are several fields that I can't click on with them stating "you need to have at least one active channel linked to access this." I ended up having to re-apply for partnership and when I checked why, the only thing I could find was "! few comments." So I guess I have a few questions about this.

First off, does this mean I'm not partnered at all anymore? According to my youtube channel, I am partner verified, but when I check on tb it says the "Owner or MCN" is myself. Second, I haven't heard anything back about the re-application process and I'm not sure when I will. And third, does this mean I shouldn't use the Freedom branding kit for my intros/outros or make any reference to Freedom in the interim?

I shall try and answer this and provide as much assistance as I can regarding this issue, though if you have any follow up queries, or would like more information then I would recommend contacting the support team via www.support.tm, as they might have more information / be able to provide more detailed answers then me.

So yes it would appear that your not partnered anymore, if you dashboard is saying you need a partnered channel and Freedom isn't showing up on your YouTube dashboard then it would appear you had been removed. As for the '!few comments' reasoning, this is sort of the default reason given by the system for removal, and isn't necessarily a bad thing. Basically when the new YouTube 10K monetisation rules came in Freedom created a new algorithm to help spot potential high risk channels, which was meant to help ensure the quality of the partnership and stop spam channels etc. However some of the algorithm values, such as comments provided false positives (I.e flagging and removing channels) when this isn't really and issue. As such you would need to reapply to the network, though if you contact support give them your custom ID they might be able to speed this up for you

Typically the application process will only progress if there is no issues, as such that's why they have the different messages available on the Freedom dashboard - the application is moved on once the review has happened though if you have been waiting on this for more than 3 days, again contact support as they can look into this, it could be a simple case of an influx of application or that yours need further checking / reviewing (again nothing to worry about if that is the case) - if there is anything wrong with your application, they will tell you.

As for branding kit, I wouldn't continue using this until your dashboard has been updated / you have been told you are a member of the freedom network, if this has been previously used in video etc they should be fine so no need to change them. As for mentioning Freedom you are still able to mention them etc as nothing stops you doing that.

Hopefully that has answered your query , if you do have further questions please don't hesitate to reply to the thread or send me a PM

gunsage

Freedom! Member
Alrighty, that definitely does help. I had already reapplied, so no worries there, but I was a little confused. The most annoying aspect of this is I was going to access the music section and couldn't because it's grayed out now. :( However, I just received a payment from Freedom...so color me confused. I'll give it a few days, then go through support if there's no real feedback.

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
Alrighty, that definitely does help. I had already reapplied, so no worries there, but I was a little confused. The most annoying aspect of this is I was going to access the music section and couldn't because it's grayed out now. :( However, I just received a payment from Freedom...so color me confused. I'll give it a few days, then go through support if there's no real feedback.
Again as the area is grayed out it would appear that you aren't partnered, as those areas should be fully accessable. You would still receive payments from Freedom when you leave / are removed as long as there is no issues regarding copyright, as they would still owe your revenue due to the payment delay.

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member

It seems you have been disconnected wich is unfortunate but can happen by accident. Best is to contact support and explain the matter.