I'll review your channels/videos

Kim_TheVIReviewer

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Apr 8, 2015
England
YouTube
your avatar and banner are ok. im watching your channel trailer and there are a few problems
1. you sound to scripted. try to sound more natural when you talk
2. the channel trailer should get me excited for your channel it should make me want to watch your videos. I havent watched any of your videos yet but im assuming you do commentary? you should put then in the trailer, put the funny/awesome moments for us to see in your trailer not random gameplay. even if you dont do commentary the gameplay shown in the trailer should be exciting and not random.

your thumbnail are ok. I feel like there getting a bit to busy(having to much stuff in them)? I would tone it down some with how much stuff you cram into your thumbnails. also you should work on making your text more readable in your thumbnails.

im watching your lastest video and I can barely hear some of the people. I would get rid of the intro(with the flying text and your logo), its pretty amateurish, i cant read the text while its moving, i couldnt read the text in the second that it stopped, when I did stop the video to look at the text it looked plain and bad. also its hard to read that blue on the purple. back to the first party of the video where you and your(im assuming friends) are talking . this is just something for you to be mindful of. i clicked on the video thinking it was a more "professional" styled review similar to other game reviews (ign, gamespot, etc etc). that beginning segment made me think that this was more of a "casual" video(or adleast a group review) and you might not want that. I dont have problem with it but some people can get the wrong impression after reading the title and hearing that first part. im not suggesting you get rid of it because those segments could might make your videos more unique(actually would have liked it if they reviewed the game with you) but I just wanted to make you aware of it.

now to the actually review. it could use some background music(ingame background music or whatever you can find). also its better if your talking instead of displaying text on the screen. those parts of the video where you are making a point, instead of not talking and putting text on the screen, just say what it is you want us to know. its ok to tell us what the problem is in the game and then go silent so that we can see it ourselves without being distracted but I dont want to read text during the silence lol. on top of that when you are not talking the ingame audio should be raised(and low while your talking). these silent sigments start to drag on, it might not have been as much of a problem if you were talking(or if I could hear the game audio) but regardless parts like these should be shortened, specifically referring to the part where your going over the control scheme. Also, the review commentary fills a bit forced and not that natural.

also think it would be better if gameplay was playing while you and your friends were talking and it was edited to reflect a bit what you were saying. also also, im not sure if at the end of the video you guys are actually talking about the game?

As I said I always appreciate feedback, but you should have probably watched more videos than the latest one, especially considering that was a special forced review, where we bought each other games and each of the videos was a similar format. that was the first time that I had done post recording voice over as I couldn't find the original audio for the voice over. secondly some of the text is in that part of the video because I wanted to show the loading times and the scene in full without it being broken by my voice. There is little to no in game audio, nor are their options for any of this (as the game I was reviewing was cheap tat intended to be bad to make the gaming and reviewing experience awful although hilarious for all involved). Furthermore, I didn't want to add audio to this as 1) I couldn't find anything to fit, and 2) I wanted to show what a bland and lifeless experience this game is. The ending is talking about my game, although there are references to jokes made at the ending part of the other people's videos (the idea is that a person would generally watch more than just one of them).
I agree that the trailer needs work, however that one was kind of a more rushed job when I had very little on my channel, there is one in the works but with illness and work, and everything else it is going to be a while.
I don't understand the thumbnail comment, the only one that I see that has quite a bit on it is the payday video (and even then that is snow as it was a Christmas special).
(just out of curiosity now you see I am blind and I can read the intro and although i know that it isnt the best it is what I have to work with now and the guy who made it for me is away so cant help, what resolution were you watching the video in? because the only way I couldnt was when it was still processing under 1080)
Sorry if this comes off as rude and I know it takes time but I dont think that you should just watch the latest video

SteveOfWarr

Freedom! Member
I've recently come back after being away from my channel for a while, and have worked on a totally new style of review, and will be looking to do more like this in the future.

New artwork, better lighting, better editing, and going for a more professional looking video.

I know humor is very subjective, but I'd greatly appreciate any feedback or suggestions that people may have on improvements or tweaks etc..

Here is my latest video for anyone to check out, it's Hercules In New York Review AKA Arnies First Movie -

Thanks again! :)