I'll review your channels/videos

maxuranium

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Dec 28, 2015
A world of your imagination
YouTube
this is probably going to be a quick post. your banner isnt that good. Your logo is to dark and I dont think the text is working in the logo either. your thumbnails are not that good and need to be worked on. they are either boring or have text that is hard to read. im watching your latest borderlands video and I can barely hear you, also it sounds like a fan is playing in the background? you need to balance the game audio with the mic audio.

I said in the description of the borderlands video that it had an audio issue but we had recorded two hours of footage and deleting it would mean no video would be going out, can you please elaborate on the banner maybe?

Dualangel1

Freedom! Member
May 20, 2015
YouTube
your banner and logo are ok. as im looking at your avatar I noticed that your channel trailer had been playing for maybe 10 seconds or so and nothing was being said. i think you missed the point of a channel trailer. the trailer is supposed to either get me excited for your channel or let me know what your channel is about. telling me in your channel trailer what subscribing does is not a good use for a channel trailer.

im scrolling through your videos and see adleast 5 hour long videos. the longer the video, the less likely people are to watch it. because its your latest video i'll watch your fallout video. it takes 10 seconds for you to say something(this should have been cut out). your commentary is a bit stale, having something to talk about(or just talking more in general) can improve that and make a video more watchable.

Right okay thanks for the review of my channel i'll try to get those issues fixed. My channel intro was from a bit ago when i was more nervous i'll try to make a new one which is more up to date :)

Lost Trigger

Freedom! Member
Mar 27, 2015
YouTube
I would like a channel review from you :D
your logo is ok but I think your banner looks really good. its creative. some of your thumbnails are ok(image grabs your attention text is readable) and some of them are hard to read so you should really pay attention to that.

thought you were a gaming channel but i guess your an animation channel lol

i think your animation videos are hit or miss. i watched the first 3 videos. I dont mind the quality of the animation if thats your style then its fine, your not really doing anything that I guess requires more high quality animation. I cant really say they are funny. Theres no joke or "punchline". Its not really satirical, i dont mean it in an insulting way but kind of like not much effort was put into it and its more of a "look what I can do" kind of video. again not saying you arent putting any effort into your videos because im sure you are(learning animation myself I know it can be alot of work) but im not really getting the point of the videos? i didnt play the door or the forest so the references were lost on me but even if I did i'm not sure if I would have enjoyed the video more

Aw man, I love hearing feedback.
my channel : http://youtube.com/vehkzyt
I like your banner in a "artsy" kind of way. its not the best banner but it has its own style, the logo however looks a bit low quality. your thumbnails are ok, they catch the eye and are readable.

i dont really know what to say. i skimmed through a few videos (i know, I really should watch the whole video lol) and what I saw was pretty good. Audio is good. the commentary is nice. your constantly talking and you sound natural so it isnt boring listening to you talk. overall solid channel. though there was a problem in the "Vehkz gets mad | Team Fortress 2" video. your audio was to low and I also wish the ingame audio was louder. just something to be mindful of.

Mine is in signature. I'm always open to people's opinions. Can't improve without it :)

i like the background image for the banner, im not a fan of the font and the design of the font ontop of it. its nothing big though. Your avatar looks low quality and not very clean.
your thumbnails are ok, some times it hard to read the small yellow text and imo should be bigger.

im watching your latest video, i dont mind intros at the beginning of the video(especially if its information about the game) but were already 30 seconds and I feel like you should have already clicked play. I came to see the gameplay and your making me wait for it, anything your saying could be said while your playing the game/setting up the game/loading the game.

gameplay doesnt start till 1:30. your commentary is pretty nice. your talkative and you sound engaging enough to where I'm not bored listening to you talk.

im watching your just cause 3 video. same problems, I can get over a 10 second intro(im not a fan of long intros) but then you yourself have a 20 second long intro before you actually start playing the game. while your doing these long intros do something! walk around, go through the menus, look at your inventory, give me something to look at while your giving us your intro for the video or else im just bored for the first 30 or so seconds.

i like your banner and the background image is pretty cool. the text is a bit hard to read and its even harder to read in your logo. I think it could be fixed in the text in the banner was anything but black. up to you with what to do with the logo.

your thumbnails arent that good. a thumbnail should by the correct size (1280x720 i believe is the recommended size). if its now then it just looks weird. for example your rwby video has yang only taking up part of the thumbnail and the rest is just negative space(which looks bad). either find a better sized picture with yang in it or make one in photoshop/a image editor. another example. your tiger direct doesnt take up the full thumbnail window, and it doesnt fit so part of the text is cut off. then you have other thumbnails like your taco thumbnail where it just isnt interesting to look at and doesnt grab your attention. you also have thumbnails like your burning lightsworn and "onlinex420" videos where I can barely make out what the thumbnail is probably because the resolution is to low.. I know what the thumbnail is because I read the title of the video but without it I wouldnt know what I was looking at.

just noticed you had a background image for your channel, idk what it is, cant really comment much on it.

just started watching your lastest rwby video, you started screaming i think "rose"? and muttered a few other things. im not really sure whats going on nor can I hear you. your commentary could use some work. your audio is to low, so i couldnt hear much, what I could make out was monotone and dry. there are also plenty of moments where your not talking. try to talk more and be more lively.

Always open to feedback, please and thank you.

your avatar and banner are ok. im watching your channel trailer and there are a few problems
1. you sound to scripted. try to sound more natural when you talk
2. the channel trailer should get me excited for your channel it should make me want to watch your videos. I havent watched any of your videos yet but im assuming you do commentary? you should put then in the trailer, put the funny/awesome moments for us to see in your trailer not random gameplay. even if you dont do commentary the gameplay shown in the trailer should be exciting and not random.

your thumbnail are ok. I feel like there getting a bit to busy(having to much stuff in them)? I would tone it down some with how much stuff you cram into your thumbnails. also you should work on making your text more readable in your thumbnails.

im watching your lastest video and I can barely hear some of the people. I would get rid of the intro(with the flying text and your logo), its pretty amateurish, i cant read the text while its moving, i couldnt read the text in the second that it stopped, when I did stop the video to look at the text it looked plain and bad. also its hard to read that blue on the purple. back to the first party of the video where you and your(im assuming friends) are talking . this is just something for you to be mindful of. i clicked on the video thinking it was a more "professional" styled review similar to other game reviews (ign, gamespot, etc etc). that beginning segment made me think that this was more of a "casual" video(or adleast a group review) and you might not want that. I dont have problem with it but some people can get the wrong impression after reading the title and hearing that first part. im not suggesting you get rid of it because those segments could might make your videos more unique(actually would have liked it if they reviewed the game with you) but I just wanted to make you aware of it.

now to the actually review. it could use some background music(ingame background music or whatever you can find). also its better if your talking instead of displaying text on the screen. those parts of the video where you are making a point, instead of not talking and putting text on the screen, just say what it is you want us to know. its ok to tell us what the problem is in the game and then go silent so that we can see it ourselves without being distracted but I dont want to read text during the silence lol. on top of that when you are not talking the ingame audio should be raised(and low while your talking). these silent sigments start to drag on, it might not have been as much of a problem if you were talking(or if I could hear the game audio) but regardless parts like these should be shortened, specifically referring to the part where your going over the control scheme. Also, the review commentary fills a bit forced and not that natural.

also think it would be better if gameplay was playing while you and your friends were talking and it was edited to reflect a bit what you were saying. also also, im not sure if at the end of the video you guys are actually talking about the game?

[DOUBLEPOST=1453095567][/DOUBLEPOST]
I said in the description of the borderlands video that it had an audio issue but we had recorded two hours of footage and deleting it would mean no video would be going out, can you please elaborate on the banner maybe?

is there a specific video that you would like me to look at then?

Last edited:
Reactions: monoman

monoman

Do animated video!
Freedom! Member
Dec 5, 2014
YouTube
your logo is ok but I think your banner looks really good. its creative. some of your thumbnails are ok(image grabs your attention text is readable) and some of them are hard to read so you should really pay attention to that.

thought you were a gaming channel but i guess your an animation channel lol

i think your animation videos are hit or miss. i watched the first 3 videos. I dont mind the quality of the animation if thats your style then its fine, your not really doing anything that I guess requires more high quality animation. I cant really say they are funny. Theres no joke or "punchline". Its not really satirical, i dont mean it in an insulting way but kind of like not much effort was put into it and its more of a "look what I can do" kind of video. again not saying you arent putting any effort into your videos because im sure you are(learning animation myself I know it can be alot of work) but im not really getting the point of the videos? i didnt play the door or the forest so the references were lost on me but even if I did i'm not sure if I would have enjoyed the video more

I like your banner in a "artsy" kind of way. its not the best banner but it has its own style, the logo however looks a bit low quality. your thumbnails are ok, they catch the eye and are readable.

i dont really know what to say. i skimmed through a few videos (i know, I really should watch the whole video lol) and what I saw was pretty good. Audio is good. the commentary is nice. your constantly talking and you sound natural so it isnt boring listening to you talk. overall solid channel. though there was a problem in the "Vehkz gets mad | Team Fortress 2" video. your audio was to low and I also wish the ingame audio was louder. just something to be mindful of.

i like the background image for the banner, im not a fan of the font and the design of the font ontop of it. its nothing big though. Your avatar looks low quality and not very clean.
your thumbnails are ok, some times it hard to read the small yellow text and imo should be bigger.

im watching your latest video, i dont mind intros at the beginning of the video(especially if its information about the game) but were already 30 seconds and I feel like you should have already clicked play. I came to see the gameplay and your making me wait for it, anything your saying could be said while your playing the game/setting up the game/loading the game.

gameplay doesnt start till 1:30. your commentary is pretty nice. your talkative and you sound engaging enough to where I'm not bored listening to you talk.

im watching your just cause 3 video. same problems, I can get over a 10 second intro(im not a fan of long intros) but then you yourself have a 20 second long intro before you actually start playing the game. while your doing these long intros do something! walk around, go through the menus, look at your inventory, give me something to look at while your giving us your intro for the video or else im just bored for the first 30 or so seconds.

i like your banner and the background image is pretty cool. the text is a bit hard to read and its even harder to read in your logo. I think it could be fixed in the text in the banner was anything but black. up to you with what to do with the logo.

your thumbnails arent that good. a thumbnail should by the correct size (1280x720 i believe is the recommended size). if its now then it just looks weird. for example your rwby video has yang only taking up part of the thumbnail and the rest is just negative space(which looks bad). either find a better sized picture with yang in it or make one in photoshop/a image editor. another example. your tiger direct doesnt take up the full thumbnail window, and it doesnt fit so part of the text is cut off. then you have other thumbnails like your taco thumbnail where it just isnt interesting to look at and doesnt grab your attention. you also have thumbnails like your burning lightsworn and "onlinex420" videos where I can barely make out what the thumbnail is probably because the resolution is to low.. I know what the thumbnail is because I read the title of the video but without it I wouldnt know what I was looking at.

just noticed you had a background image for your channel, idk what it is, cant really comment much on it.

just started watching your lastest rwby video, you started screaming i think "rose"? and muttered a few other things. im not really sure whats going on nor can I hear you. your commentary could use some work. your audio is to low, so i couldnt hear much, what I could make out was monotone and dry. there are also plenty of moments where your not talking. try to talk more and be more lively.

your avatar and banner are ok. im watching your channel trailer and there are a few problems
1. you sound to scripted. try to sound more natural when you talk
2. the channel trailer should get me excited for your channel it should make me want to watch your videos. I havent watched any of your videos yet but im assuming you do commentary? you should put then in the trailer, put the funny/awesome moments for us to see in your trailer not random gameplay. even if you dont do commentary the gameplay shown in the trailer should be exciting and not random.

your thumbnail are ok. I feel like there getting a bit to busy(having to much stuff in them)? I would tone it down some with how much stuff you cram into your thumbnails. also you should work on making your text more readable in your thumbnails.

im watching your lastest video and I can barely hear some of the people. I would get rid of the intro(with the flying text and your logo), its pretty amateurish, i cant read the text while its moving, i couldnt read the text in the second that it stopped, when I did stop the video to look at the text it looked plain and bad. also its hard to read that blue on the purple. back to the first party of the video where you and your(im assuming friends) are talking . this is just something for you to be mindful of. i clicked on the video thinking it was a more "professional" styled review similar to other game reviews (ign, gamespot, etc etc). that beginning segment made me think that this was more of a "casual" video(or adleast a group review) and you might not want that. I dont have problem with it but some people can get the wrong impression after reading the title and hearing that first part. im not suggesting you get rid of it because those segments could might make your videos more unique(actually would have liked it if they reviewed the game with you) but I just wanted to make you aware of it.

now to the actually review. it could use some background music(ingame background music or whatever you can find). also its better if your talking instead of displaying text on the screen. those parts of the video where you are making a point, instead of not talking and putting text on the screen, just say what it is you want us to know. its ok to tell us what the problem is in the game and then go silent so that we can see it ourselves without being distracted but I dont want to read text during the silence lol. on top of that when you are not talking the ingame audio should be raised(and low while your talking). these silent sigments start to drag on, it might not have been as much of a problem if you were talking(or if I could hear the game audio) but regardless parts like these should be shortened, specifically referring to the part where your going over the control scheme. Also, the review commentary fills a bit forced and not that natural.

also think it would be better if gameplay was playing while you and your friends were talking and it was edited to reflect a bit what you were saying. also also, im not sure if at the end of the video you guys are actually talking about the game?

[DOUBLEPOST=1453095567][/DOUBLEPOST]

is there a specific video that you would like me to look at then?
Thanks for the honest review :D the quality of the animation is really bad as it's hard to draw without a drawing pad. :p and ya most of my video is pointless. maybe I'll make animation like Ricepirate once I get a drawing pad :) The door video isn't related to the forest/the door it's just about the john cena meme.

Last edited:

FainterStreak

Rising User
Jan 26, 2016
Iowa
www.is.gd
YouTube
Hi, LostTrigger! I hope you have a chance to review my channel! I am not a gaming channel, but I do post skits, tutorials, and more. One video that people seem to love is my "Folden The Tank Engine" video. It's a video of one of my teachers photoshopped on a train and, well, yeah. You can't really explain it.

The link is right here:

I hope you have a chance to review it :) Feel free to subscribe for more videos while you're at it :D It would be great!

Marsh2907

Freedom! Member
Dec 3, 2015
United Kingdom
YouTube

Thank you for the feedback. I will definitely take your points and try re working how I do my intros. In my recent videos I shorted the intro part down to 10 secs. I dont know why I made them so long. Lol

You got any suggestion on the avatar picture? Just did it at the beginning but could never figure out what would looks best.

Reactions: mob alottt
M

mob alottt

I am a small gaming channel. I post videos of GTA V, Minecraft, Warframe, and plenty more! I try to do a live stream every week, and try to regularly post videos so check out my channel if you want!