Solved I want to change my category

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muzzicia

Rising User
May 19, 2017
I want to change my category from gaming to music and the edit profile button is not active

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
I want to change my category from gaming to music and the edit profile button is not active
Sorry to hear that your category is wrong on your profile. I don't know why it wouldn't allow you to change your category or why your button isn't active - have you verified your email address etc when you signed up to Freedom? Also there isn't a big notification once you have clicked on the edit button, it should just let you access the drop down menu then. As mentioned by LW001 if you are really worried about this, though it doesn't really make any difference to your channel or how the partnership works, you can always contact the support team and they should be able to change this for you

Upvote 0

Muzzicia

Rising User
May 19, 2017
Hey Muzzicia,

The category doesn't really matter, you can change it at a later date when you can. If you for some reason NEED to immediately change it, you can always contact [email protected] and they can edit that for you.

yes i did verify but still i cant access some of the pages like freedom academy,music etc....It is saying that i nedd one active linked account.
But i have my freedom dashboard in my channel so i think it is linked.

Upvote 0

LW

Community Manager
Administrator
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2016
Vienna, Austria
twitter.com
YouTube
lw_001
yes i did verify but still i cant access some of the pages like freedom academy,music etc....It is saying that i nedd one active linked account.
But i have my freedom dashboard in my channel so i think it is linked.
Could you send me a screenshot of what you see on https://freedom.tm/dashboard right now?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Muzzicia

Rising User
May 19, 2017
This is what i see.I dont have my paypal setup too..because im not planning to do that now

Attachments

• videoaddress3.png
    videoaddress3.png
    167.9 KB · Views: 2
Upvote 0

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
This is what i see.I dont have my paypal setup too..because im not planning to do that now
It might be a feature that you can only change once your application for your partnership has been approved, especially if you have already verified your email address. I shall ask other members of the team and see if they know anything more about it

Upvote 0

Muzzicia

Rising User
May 19, 2017
It might be a feature that you can only change once your application for your partnership has been approved, especially if you have already verified your email address. I shall ask other members of the team and see if they know anything more about it
Okay.but am i approved with freedom?
can i monetize my video with freedom now?

Upvote 0

LW

Community Manager
Administrator
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2016
Vienna, Austria
twitter.com
YouTube
lw_001
You are not approved in the Network yet. Ensure your channel has monetization enabled at your YouTube features page, has no strikes and then wait. The YouTube features page should look like this:

Upvote 0

Muzzicia

Rising User
May 19, 2017
I have partner verifed and under thats says network none nad a box saying partner with freedom

then monetization is not enabled and application is still in review

Upvote 0

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
I have partner verifed and under thats says network none nad a box saying partner with freedom

then monetization is not enabled and application is still in review
Can I just check that your channel has the required 10,000 lifetime views in order to enable monetisation? If you channel doesn't have this then unfortunately Freedom wouldn't be able to complete the partnership request at this stage, and you would need to try again once you have the required amount of views, for monetisation purposes. Once your application has been processed and approved, you should have a new message on your Freedom dashboard and be able to engage in a live chat with a Freedom representative to complete your application

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.