gunsage

Freedom! Member
Let's get this out of the way first. I got a PS4 because I'm interested in exclusives. Specifically, I'm a huge JRPG fan and still own a PS3 as well for that very reason (I go for super obscure niche titles usually). I'm also highly interested in games like Bloodborne, especially since I loved the Dark (and Demon's) Souls games up to this point. I have a steam profile with WAY too many games on there (over 900 currently), so I'm not 100% interested in games that could be purchased on there instead, especially since I try to update my rig on a regular basis.

The only games I have for the PS4 so far are Persona 5 (loving it) and Uncharted 4 (loved it, beat it). What games would you guys recommend? They don't have to be obscure JRPGs either. Mostly I'm looking for games that are exclusive to the PS4, but if you can think of different games I should probably get for steam as well, you can throw them out here, too.

P.S. If you are going to throw out steam recommendations, visit my steam profile first (it should also just be gunsage).

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
Let's get this out of the way first. I got a PS4 because I'm interested in exclusives. Specifically, I'm a huge JRPG fan and still own a PS3 as well for that very reason (I go for super obscure niche titles usually). I'm also highly interested in games like Bloodborne, especially since I loved the Dark (and Demon's) Souls games up to this point. I have a steam profile with WAY too many games on there (over 900 currently), so I'm not 100% interested in games that could be purchased on there instead, especially since I try to update my rig on a regular basis.

The only games I have for the PS4 so far are Persona 5 (loving it) and Uncharted 4 (loved it, beat it). What games would you guys recommend? They don't have to be obscure JRPGs either. Mostly I'm looking for games that are exclusive to the PS4, but if you can think of different games I should probably get for steam as well, you can throw them out here, too.

P.S. If you are going to throw out steam recommendations, visit my steam profile first (it should also just be gunsage).
I own a Ps4 myself and i would say Horizon Zero Dawn, Disgaea 5, World of Final Fantasy and if you love a good MMORPG then go for Final Fantasy XIV

If you want to add me my psn is TwilightPrinze

uberimmortalomen

Upload daily!
Freedom! Member
Jul 1, 2014
Illinois
YouTube
zehimmortalomen
Honestly, the free to play games on PlayStation are amazing, (onigiri, neverwinter, paragon, paladin, big city, trove etc.). Main reason I prefer my PS4 over Xbox(since you need Xbox live to play free games online...which is stupid). Happy gaming, friend!

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
The Last of Us need I say anymore. Definitely a very intriguing and wonderful game that really makes you feel for each other characters. A nice RPG is Divinity Original Sin, if your looking for a fun co-op experience I would say OverCooked

Freedom! Nero

Freedom! Member
Apr 26, 2017
I wish I had a ps4 hihih. Definitely play the final fantasy games. =) and Valkyrie revolution. Also, if it suits you. you can try to play the upcoming God of War and the Days Gone game. Oh and the New Assassins Creed Origins game.

gunsage

Freedom! Member
I own a Ps4 myself and i would say Horizon Zero Dawn, Disgaea 5, World of Final Fantasy and if you love a good MMORPG then go for Final Fantasy XIV
Almost forgot about Horizon, yeah, I need to check that out. Disgaea 5 is a must, but I'm not sure what World of Final Fantasy is right off hand. Not a huge MMO person, so I'll probably pass on FF14, but I really do want to try FF15.

I heard The Witcher 3 is good and it is on sale on PS4 Store. Check it out.
Already have Witcher 3 for the PC and I agree, it's fantastic.

Honestly, the free to play games on PlayStation are amazing, (onigiri, neverwinter, paragon, paladin, big city, trove etc.).
Haven't checked out any of the free stuff, so I'll definitely do that.

The Last of Us need I say anymore. Definitely a very intriguing and wonderful game that really makes you feel for each other characters. A nice RPG is Divinity Original Sin, if your looking for a fun co-op experience I would say OverCooked
Already have Last of Us for PS3 (definitely looking forward to the sequel) and I have Original Sin for the PC. Actually, I have just about all of the Divinity games on steam. Very good games.

Horizon Zero Resident Evil 7 and Uncharted 4 are best games to strem live
Already beat Uncharted 4 and I'll probably use an FAQ to go back through and get all the trophies. I played a demo of RE7 for the PC and loved it, so that may be up my alley...but I suppose it depends on when I update my PC, too. If I update that anytime soon, I'll probably get it for the PC so I can crank up the graphics.

I wish I had a ps4 hihih. Definitely play the final fantasy games. =) and Valkyrie revolution. Also, if it suits you. you can try to play the upcoming God of War and the Days Gone game. Oh and the New Assassins Creed Origins game.
Not sure what Days Gone is and I definitely need to catch up on GoW (the last one I played was GoW2 for the PS2). AC:eek: looks like it'll be cool and I'm a huge fan of Valkyrie Chronicles.

Thanks for the suggestions, guys!

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
Almost forgot about Horizon, yeah, I need to check that out. Disgaea 5 is a must, but I'm not sure what World of Final Fantasy is right off hand. Not a huge MMO person, so I'll probably pass on FF14, but I really do want to try FF15.

Already have Witcher 3 for the PC and I agree, it's fantastic.

Haven't checked out any of the free stuff, so I'll definitely do that.

Already have Last of Us for PS3 (definitely looking forward to the sequel) and I have Original Sin for the PC. Actually, I have just about all of the Divinity games on steam. Very good games.

Already beat Uncharted 4 and I'll probably use an FAQ to go back through and get all the trophies. I played a demo of RE7 for the PC and loved it, so that may be up my alley...but I suppose it depends on when I update my PC, too. If I update that anytime soon, I'll probably get it for the PC so I can crank up the graphics.

Not sure what Days Gone is and I definitely need to catch up on GoW (the last one I played was GoW2 for the PS2). AC:eek: looks like it'll be cool and I'm a huge fan of Valkyrie Chronicles.

Thanks for the suggestions, guys!
Then you will be busy for some time! World of Final Fantasy is almost like Pokémon and FF15 is live action and well worth your time if you love the genre

gunsage

Freedom! Member
Slim pro or fat? either way happy gaming!
"I'm not fat, I'm big boned!" :D Yep yep, classic PS4, nothing special, the bundle that came with Uncharted 4. Gotta say, Persona 5 alone is keeping me super busy. Still, INSTA-DEATH PURE BAD LUCK AND SHARP INCREASES IN DIFFICULTY FOR MINI-BOSSES may have me seeking something else soon, so again, thanks for all the recommendations! What I did with the PS3 and other consoles (and will soon do with the PS4) is compile a list of different games that look cool or otherwise have good ratings across the board (I usually average between 5 different review sites to get a good idea), then keep track of the pricing and pick stuff up when I'm able.

IWantLeGames

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Jul 14, 2017
Lake Charles, LA
YouTube
IWantLeGamesYT
I would definitely recommend picking up the remade Amplitude on the Playstation Store! That game is one of my favorite rhythm games and it only requires a controller! It's perfect for beginners but also a challenge for experts into rhythm games! I believe the last time I checked, it was $20 but it's well worth the price (in my opinion) for what it contains! Also, another good one is Until Dawn! Until Dawn is a game that utilizes the butterfly effect and it's pretty great for walkthroughs as it also changes little things compared to your choices!