Community Team
Community Team!
Verified Freedom! Partner
Freedom! Member
May 19, 2017
London
YouTube
GallopCrush1983

I have over 5k subs and over 4k watch time errors.

LW

Community Manager
Administrator
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2016
Vienna, Austria
twitter.com
YouTube
lw_001
Yea but people are allowed to make gaming type videos, toy videos ect. I am banned talking about My Little Pony or something?
You can talk about it but maybe you're just using too much of the original thing for it to be considered okay with copyright. It isn't about MLP as a topic, it's about you showing it because it's copyrighted.

Also "they're doing it too" is never a good standpoint in copyright, ever. If they mess with copyright that's their own funeral.

Reactions: Smart Facts UK
Upvote 0

Hyderpony

Community Team
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
May 19, 2017
London
YouTube
GallopCrush1983
In there email there did not go into too much detail and the I got the email it looked like auto sent from freedom.

Dear Mark Hyder,

The #FreedomFamily is constantly growing and evolving to better suit the needs of all our partners. We’re writing to inform you that your channel Mark Hyder has been unlinked due to some concerns that we feel may lead to your channel to receive future strikes for copyright, terms of service, or other violations. We understand that your channel may currently be in good standing however, after an in depth analysis we have identified some key similarities between your channel and those being closed directly by YouTube for violations which can be read about more here and here.

Once you have reviewed your channel and believe that your channel is ready to rejoin our network and is free of these types of issues or that your channel was mistakenly unlinked, we encourage you to contact our support team directly here so that we can review your channel and resolve this matter.

Upvote 0

LW

Community Manager
Administrator
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2016
Vienna, Austria
twitter.com
YouTube
lw_001
In there email there did not go into too much detail and the I got the email it looked like auto sent from freedom.

Dear Mark Hyder,

The #FreedomFamily is constantly growing and evolving to better suit the needs of all our partners. We’re writing to inform you that your channel Mark Hyder has been unlinked due to some concerns that we feel may lead to your channel to receive future strikes for copyright, terms of service, or other violations. We understand that your channel may currently be in good standing however, after an in depth analysis we have identified some key similarities between your channel and those being closed directly by YouTube for violations which can be read about more here and here.

Once you have reviewed your channel and believe that your channel is ready to rejoin our network and is free of these types of issues or that your channel was mistakenly unlinked, we encourage you to contact our support team directly here so that we can review your channel and resolve this matter.
Yes, that is an automatic unlink email.

Upvote 0

Drawyah

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Apr 10, 2016
steamcommunity.com
YouTube
DrawyahYT
"Your channel has been unlinked due to some concerns that we feel may lead to your channel to receive future strikes for copyright, terms of service, or other violations."

I'd look into the 'may lead to future strikes for copyright' as the reason there, using too much footage from My Little Pony which is a trademarked brand. You've probably crossed the line between fair use and copyright, which has led to your demise.

Sent from my ONE E1003 using Tapatalk

Upvote 0

Stefan Grant

Staff Member
Freedom! Member
Sep 2, 2015
Hi there,

So I am one of the people responsible for training of our QC team who ultimately make the decision as to whether a channel is safe or not. From looking at your channel I would say they have un-linked it due to the reaction videos.

Youtube is becoming stricter and stricter when it comes to Copyright, Trademark infringement etc. As a network we have a lot of rules and restrictions implemented by YT and one of those (I cant go in to specifics) Is that we are only allowed (X) amount of channel closures within the network or bad things happen.

Due to this we have to evaluate the potential risk of a channel and reaction videos are becoming some of the riskeyist especially when they are around a major Trade marked IP. What also makes your channel higher risk for us is the amount of reaction videos you have and there frequency it all add's weight to the risk as there is a higher probability due to this that one day one of your videos will be flagged and your channel closed.

Whilst we cant take the risk of you being in our CMS currently you will not lose access to tools, You will still have your dashboard account and we will still offer you support however we can and alternate methods to earn money where possible. "We are a family" is one of the core guiding principals of Freedom! and to quote a little blue space rat most of us love "Ohana means family. Family means nobody gets left behind" and you are still a part of the Freedom! family.

Just to put it out there this is a one off reply about a specific channel to give you guys more insight in to why we do what we do, Why reaction videos can be problematic and one of the core meanings behind the Freedom! Family message. I have not got the time to do this for every channel we unlink I wish I did but I hope this post will provide you all with a bit of insight.

Stef

Reactions: LW and Drawyah
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.