I feel like outros are inappropriate for videos of games with heavy content.

Indurok

Dragon
Freedom! Member
I'm talking about games like ImmorTall, and a game I played recently called "You Left Me". Every time I play one of those sort of tear-jerky, depressing, heavy, make-me-think-a-lot-about-life types of games, I tend to just end the video immediately after the "Goodbye" when I edit them later.

I don't know if anyone else does this, but while I could simply make some sad music and a background for my outro, I feel like it's completely inappropriate to add an outro at all. I feel like it would ruin the moment in which I feel the most emotional in a video, which is usually at the end of these videos. And I feel like it's somewhat disrespectful, especially to those whose games are based on their real life, or just generally have a heavy topic, whether it's based on real life or not.

So yeah, that's just how I feel, personally.

Reactions: Koala_Steamed

LW

Community Manager
Administrator
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2016
Vienna, Austria
twitter.com
YouTube
lw_001
Really interesting thought honestly.

We've all been there, watching a rather emotional video just to get our ears blasted out by Royalty Free Music. I think you could just go for a few seconds of a black screen after a longer (2-ish seconds maybe?) fade without any music and put end cards over it. That would keep the immersion through the fade and not overload people's eyes maybe.

Reactions: Koala_Steamed