1. We use cookies! By continuing, you're agreeing to our cookie policy. Learn More.
  2. Collaboration is one of the best ways to grow your audience. Participate in Freedom!'s Collaboration Beta Project now!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Wondering what earned you credits on the forums? The full list has now been added here
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Remember to read the F.A.Q. before posting in the Support section/Portal!
    Dismiss Notice

Opinion I feel like outros are inappropriate for videos of games with heavy content.

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Indurok, Nov 11, 2018.

1. Indurok

Indurok Dragon Freedom! Member

Forum Posts:
    I'm talking about games like ImmorTall, and a game I played recently called "You Left Me". Every time I play one of those sort of tear-jerky, depressing, heavy, make-me-think-a-lot-about-life types of games, I tend to just end the video immediately after the "Goodbye" when I edit them later.

I don't know if anyone else does this, but while I could simply make some sad music and a background for my outro, I feel like it's completely inappropriate to add an outro at all. I feel like it would ruin the moment in which I feel the most emotional in a video, which is usually at the end of these videos. And I feel like it's somewhat disrespectful, especially to those whose games are based on their real life, or just generally have a heavy topic, whether it's based on real life or not.

So yeah, that's just how I feel, personally.

Koala_Steamed likes this.
  2. LW001

LW001 Moderator Moderator Wiki Contributor Beta Freedom! Member

Forum Posts:
    Really interesting thought honestly.

We've all been there, watching a rather emotional video just to get our ears blasted out by Royalty Free Music. I think you could just go for a few seconds of a black screen after a longer (2-ish seconds maybe?) fade without any music and put end cards over it. That would keep the immersion through the fade and not overload people's eyes maybe.

Koala_Steamed likes this.
  3. SparktheYoshi

SparktheYoshi Respected User Freedom! Member

Forum Posts:
    Outros and Intros are generally not recommended at all, especially since people are more interested in the videos/content themselves.

Endcards are vital, though.

4. Koala_Steamed

Koala_Steamed Administrator Administrator

Forum Posts:
    Yeah probably a good idea to not have one if you feel it takes away from the end of the video.