HealPleaseHeal

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Jan 18, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
YouTube
HealPleaseHeal
First and foremost, I believe i'm in the right section to request some opinions from other creators on this subject, if not I do apologize for that.

Primarily, I feel like I'm doing something wrong on Youtube.
Now, I wanted to start off by saying that I don't want people to think I'm in this only for the subs, popularity and/or money. That's not true, I am grateful that I am in a position right now where fans interact with me on my videos and enjoy my content. personally if I can make one person smile, I'm happy. But I've noticed that my sub count has remained at 155 or 156 for the last few weeks, and I feel like I'm doing something wrong.

I work hard to push videos out that even I myself would want to watch, and I try to be as interactive as possible on them. Dead-air is my biggest pet-peeve, so I try not to have any. But then when I go to a channel which has no commentary, sporadic uploading, no personality, low quality and nothing that merits me wanting to press the sub button, then seeing them have more subs, more views, and more comments.... just make me question if i'm doing something wrong..

Everyone is different I know that, and there's no set ways to get big on Youtube, otherwise it would be an easy market... Personally popularity comes with time and patience and a lot of hard work, that's not surprising. But again, it's just when seeing other channels who have no care in how they layout their content or even put any personality behind it, and do well, that has my lift an eyebrow.

Am I doing something wrong?
Is it wrong of me to think this way?

Again, please don't think of me as a "I need views and subs and more money" type of guy. I'm not. I enjoy creating content, I enjoy editing and interacting with fans. I was happy when I was at 50 subs and am still happy at 155. It's just the fact that I've been stuck in that number for a while, as I promote, advertise and push my content out there that just has me scratching my head.

Is this just a slump? Are others experiencing the same thing? It could very well just be the content I'm uploading at this time, but when my fans even say "how do you have only XXX amount of subs?" is when I also question that.

What are your thoughts?
HPH_Potion_2.png

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
I am in the same boat where i am standing still for weeks, i get the views, comments and interaction so that is not the problem but gaining subs has become a challenge.
When i look at your channel i see something great so i would say keep your head high and continue with what you love. Could be the timing as i hear more people struggle nowadays.

Reactions: OnlyUltimate