HTC Vive Virtual Reality

Hail Kira

Game Show Host
Freedom! Member
Feb 5, 2014
British Columbia
YouTube
So, Ive been following VR ever since I got my headset. And I thought I would share with you guys some news about VR in case you havent been following it.

This will be fairly Vive specific as that is the headset I have and am interested in...

Games : there are over 250 titles out for the Vive already, the rate at which new games comes out is absolutely amazing.

AAA : triple a developers are starting to take notice already. Games like Doom and Fallout 4 are getting official support in 2017. Racing games are also joining the party with games like project cars already with full support for VR.

AAA hacked : Even if developers dont support VR, there are things like VORPx that you can use to play PC games of all sorts on the vive. But this is really limited, doesnt really support tracked controllers, or room scale, and obviously the games dont have touchable elements...

Resolution : The resolution of the vive is damn good, considering the thing is inches from your face. But it just got better. They have found out we can use supersampling with the vive, up to a factor of 2.5 original resolution, to get a even crisper image and clearer text.

Multiplayer : multiplayer games are here, there arnt alot of them, but games like hoverjunkers, altspaceVR, and the new Rec Room have been getting rave reviews.

Accessories : one thing alot of people never mention is accessories. The vive is also capable of having all sorts of accessories. For instance, a game came out recently that has a sort of small exercise pedel bike thing that you use in the game, like those arcade simulator games. Things like this and other trackable real world objects will be more and more common. The headset itself even has a usb port that can be used for such addons.

Well that should be good for now...

If you have any VR / Vive specific questions or whatever let me know...

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
Which should I get first...
HTC Vive or GTX 1080?
I current have a GTX 980 and I'm curious to see if it'll have noticeable performance deficits.

LifelessDane

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Jul 19, 2014
Arcadia Bay
phyograph.wixsite.com
Which should I get first...
HTC Vive or GTX 1080?
I current have a GTX 980 and I'm curious to see if it'll have noticeable performance deficits.

I would suggest you to get the HTC Vive first then.
Because the preformance boost you get from 980 to 1080 will not really make the large difference, Since pretty much all games can run on high or ultra settings with the 980.
Also VR support were added already on the GTX 970. So for the VR capabillity it should not be a problem.
So i suggest and recommend you to focus for the Vive instead of a GTX 1080. Also it is already announce the release of the GTX 1180 which will come sometime in the start of 2017. And at that time i suggest go for the 1180 or 1170 which will boost preformance alot more.

What i always do is:
I always skip a number when relating it to the Nvidia graphic cards.
Right now i run a GTX 970 which provide alot of posabilities both for VR and even 4K resolution.
I will not buy the 1080 or 1070 but wait for the 1100 series to be released in 2017.
This way you save money now and get a larger preformance boost later which is better than the preformance improvement from the 980 to 1080

Hope this made any sense :D

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
I would suggest you to get the HTC Vive first then.
Because the preformance boost you get from 980 to 1080 will not really make the large difference, Since pretty much all games can run on high or ultra settings with the 980.
Also VR support were added already on the GTX 970. So for the VR capabillity it should not be a problem.
So i suggest and recommend you to focus for the Vive instead of a GTX 1080. Also it is already announce the release of the GTX 1180 which will come sometime in the start of 2017. And at that time i suggest go for the 1180 or 1170 which will boost preformance alot more.

What i always do is:
I always skip a number when relating it to the Nvidia graphic cards.
Right now i run a GTX 970 which provide alot of posabilities both for VR and even 4K resolution.
I will not buy the 1080 or 1070 but wait for the 1100 series to be released in 2017.
This way you save money now and get a larger preformance boost later which is better than the preformance improvement from the 980 to 1080

Hope this made any sense :D
Noted. I'll begin saving this week, at a rate of $20 a week plus 80% of this paycheck. I should have one in ~45 weeks.