YouTube How Will People React to YouTube Tips From a Small YouTuber?

avrona

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jan 7, 2018
YouTube
avronaofficial
So after brainstorming some things I could do to get some more views going on my channel, I thought about maybe making a series of videos on my experiences with YouTube and what I learned along the way, along with some tips. However, despite me never making a video about that I have already seen from experience this kind of thing being treated with a grain of salt by people as they see my subscriber count and just assume I don't have the knowledge to speak about this. However my subscriber count is just a sad figure. I've been working away hard at this channel for 4 years now, so I've seen how YouTube has changed, evolved, and everything in between, and in those 4 years I have gathered plenty of stories, personal anecdotes, and tips which I hope would get some views flowing. But what do you think people will think of this. Will it work and finally help me build an audience, or will those people brush me away because my channel isn't doing that well despite encompassing plenty of tips by other YouTubers and other good practices that just for some reason don't help?

I'm also not sure if I should make it a livestream or a video. A livestream could give it a cool style, but getting even one person to watch my livestreams is a success.

So what do you think?

JakeVegas

Respected User
Dec 16, 2015
Indiana, United States
YouTube
It depends on what tips you're giving. Personally, I believe in "lead by example." I plan on doing some YouTube tips videos in the near future, and I only plan on providing tips on things I have already accomplished on YouTube, that way I am providing an example of how the tips I have to offer have actually worked. So my thoughts would be to keep your tips within the spectrum of things that work for you on your channel.

Koala_Steamed

Mythic User
I could definitely be harder to gain an audience from channels with higher subs/views. There are still a lot of channels with under 200 subs though so I think that you could still gain a decent audience. I'd say you are better off with a video rather than livestream for this kind of thing. Make sure you know exactly what you are going to talk about and keep short and simple to follow along with.

Reactions: JakeVegas

Violeta León

Freedom! Member
Jan 9, 2018
www.youtube.com
YouTube
leonvioleta4
I think if you keep it short It could work, like a small video with an advice, then you can build a series of video for youtube growth, people can watch an small video and look for more in your channel. Specially if you provide small solutions to problems most youtubers have. That could help a lot too. Try all you think can work for you, is better doing and having an experience than just be sitting thinking about it and never try. No one here can for sure know if this is going to be a huge success for you until you start. Go for it!!

JakeVegas

Respected User
Dec 16, 2015
Indiana, United States
YouTube
But what about things that are suppose to work yet just don't for my channel for some reason?

You just answered your own question here-- if the tips are "supposed" to work but aren't working for your channel, there is a good chance they won't work for another's channel either. People are going to say "if these tips work so good, why don't you have more subscribers and views?"

There is no set formula to grow on YouTube. There are multiple factors involved in gaining subscribers and views. I had to do a lot of trial and error with my content, thumbnails, SEO-- before my channel started growing a bit. If somethings not working for your channel, do some research, and change up your content, adjust how you incorporate your SEO, and test. Wash, rinse, repeat.

I am a small YouTuber and will probably get demonitized on Feb 20th like a lot of others. But with THAT said, I have a 'how to' playlist and plan on giving tips on a number of things. But as far as giving specific YouTube tips, I will personally hold on those UNTIL I see personal gains. When I do then I will do a YouTube tip and I will include things like screen shots to help explain HOW I do things..

Reactions: JakeVegas

iGoDZoFLuiGii

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Im a small you-tuber myself and Ill get demonetized by Feb 20th, im still making videos I believe in regardless of the outcome. I started YouTube back in 2010 and it never bothered me about earning money or making a career, as long as I post videos I love online. Id say go for it mate, if you have ideas and tips to help people then do it, no one cares if your small or not, as long as the information is accurate and helpful to the people needing help :)

JakeVegas

Respected User
Dec 16, 2015
Indiana, United States
YouTube
Id say go for it mate, if you have ideas and tips to help people then do it, no one cares if your small or not, as long as the information is accurate and helpful to the people needing help :)

If I'm searching for YouTube tips (which I've done many times), I'm going to look and see if the YouTuber providing the tips has already accomplished the goal that he/she is providing tips for. I care if a channel is small or not when searching for YouTube tips. I'll watch the video from someone with 11,000 Subscribers explaining how to reach 10,000 subscribers before I watch the video from someone with 200 Subscribers explaining how to reach 10,000 Subscribers.

Reactions: avrona

avrona

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jan 7, 2018
YouTube
avronaofficial
If I'm searching for YouTube tips (which I've done many times), I'm going to look and see if the YouTuber providing the tips has already accomplished the goal that he/she is providing tips for. I care if a channel is small or not when searching for YouTube tips. I'll watch the video from someone with 11,000 Subscribers explaining how to reach 10,000 subscribers before I watch the video from someone with 200 Subscribers explaining how to reach 10,000 Subscribers.
Although people would in fact be like that, and of course would think about it with a grain of salt if my channel with just 200 subs makes a video about how to get to 10,000 subs. However I myself watched almost all videos similar to that so I do know a lot about how to get there. My channel just doesn't grow for some reason, so it is normal for someone to be skeptical of my advice.

On the other hand this could just lead to some more discussion in the comments etc., which could help the channel grow, as it's just something that surprises, confuses, and interests people. I've been getting a good amount of views and comments recently from people who seen me talk about my channel's issues with not growing on "how to grow" videos and livestreams, and that actually interested them enough to see my channel, to see how a channel can be around for 4 years and only have 216 subscribers. It has pretty much became an attraction on my channel.[DOUBLEPOST=1517587795][/DOUBLEPOST]
no one cares if your small or not, as long as the information is accurate and helpful to the people needing help
People will care though. They will most likely be pretty skeptical of my advice if they don't see that I'm growing. And you can't really blame them for that or say they are "not giving me a chance" or whatever. You can't expect them all to dig deep into your channel to see what things are really like, like in my channel's case, having 4 and a half years of experience.