1. We use cookies! By continuing, you're agreeing to our cookie policy. Learn More.
  2. Collaboration is one of the best ways to grow your audience. Participate in Freedom!'s Collaboration Beta Project now!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Wondering what earned you credits on the forums? The full list has now been added here
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Remember to read the F.A.Q. before posting in the Support section/Portal!
    Dismiss Notice

Official How to use a Gravatar on the Freedom! Forums!

Discussion in 'Frequently Asked Questions' started by Danny, Oct 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Danny

Danny SDGCore Retired Administrator

Forum Posts:
    Hello there!

This thread will go in depth on how to register for a Gravatar account and use it to upload a profile to the Freedom! forums! If you are experiencing issues with uploading an image to our forums, please consider using a Gravatar!

Common questions:

Q: What size should I use for my profile picture?
    A: I'd recommend using 512x512px, it seems to work well across most platforms.

Q: How come my image isn't uploading?
    A: Try using a Gravatar! If that doesn't work either, make sure that your image file is compatible. .jpg, .png, and .gif are very popular and reliable containers for pictures.

Q: Can you make me a logo?

A: I am not a GFX designer here; I will not design logos upon request.

Q: Where can I get a logo?
    A: There are various ways to acquire a logo or an icon. You can simply design one yourself, or have someone do it for free or for a price. Some members among us here on the Freedom! forums may also happen to be very talented in GFX, you may be able to acquire something from them if you ask nicely!
    Click here to visit the 'Requests / Offers' section!

With that covered, let's get on with the how-to!

How-to:
    1. Register for a Gravatar account!
      Or you can just sign into an existing Gravatar account.
      Alternatively, you can register or sign in with a Wordpress account.

Click here to visit the Gravatar.com![​IMG]
      Click 'Sign In' next to 'WordPress.com' and it should take you to a page where you can fill in your credentials.[​IMG]
      Enter in an email address, a username, and a password. Make sure to remember these, as you will need them! You will receive an email to activate your account. Once this is completed, sign in to proceed.

2. Upload your profile picture to Gravatar!
      Once you're signed in, you should see your email of choice on the screen. Click on it to have it selected if it isn't already.
      [​IMG]
      Click on 'add a new image' then select 'My computer's hard drive' to upload an image. Follow through with the instructions on the Gravatar page. Apply the image to your email and you are now at the final step.
    3. Link your forum account to Gravatar!
      Login to the forums and click your name near the top right corner of the page, then go to 'Personal Details'.
      Or click here to access your settings!

Click the image in the 'Avatar' section and enter in your Gravatar email!
      [​IMG]
      Click 'Test' to see if the image shows up. Then click 'Okay' once you're satisfied!
    TL;DR: This .gif basically sums up this thread visually.

[​IMG]

That sums up my brief guide on how to use Gravatar to upload a display picture on the Freedom! forums! If you require further assistance, do not hesitate to contact the forum team. However, please bear in mind that we do not represent Gravatar nor WordPress.

I hope this thread has been helpful! :)

Last Updated: March 9th, 2016

Last edited: Oct 30, 2014
    ItsMeJosh, alphablackzero and Kan like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.