Resources How to get Motivation to be Successful on YouTube

PixelatedAngel

Rising User
Freedom! Member
May 20, 2016
YouTube
How to get motivated to be successful with YouTube

Hello everyone, PixelatedAngel here with another guide! In this guide, I will teach you how to get motivated throughout your YouTube career. Everyone needs some kind of motivation to continue on. Some might think that they will never get to the end so they quit and fail without trying.

First, let’s learn what motivation is. Motivation is defined as the reason or reasons one has for acting or behaving in a particular way. You sometimes need motivation for doing something, as in this case it will something with your YouTube career. It can be anything from making a video or working hard to earn some subscribers.

Stop wishing you were this high quality YouTuber, start doing it. You are never going to get anywhere if you keep wishing. When you feel like quitting think about why you started. Why this all begin. For me, to be honest, I need another career. I’m in need. It’s very hard what I’m doing right now to make a “living”. So I started doing YouTube and I fell in love with it. I might not make a million dollars in a month but that doesn’t stop me. I know that I have at least a chance though. If I quit, do I have a chance?

Most people hate themselves for the things they aren’t. I see it all the time. I’ll be hanging out in Discord when someone just comments on why they are here. “I can’t do this” “My channel sucks” or even “why am I here…I can’t make any money”. You really shouldn’t be hating on yourself for this. Enjoy who you really are. Don’t hate yourself for what you aren’t. You see, in order to fully succeed we must first believe that we can. We can get those subscribers. We can make high quality videos. We can be consistent.

I have this little picture and story that always keeps me going. I have a poster in my office which I find extremely powerful. It has the picture of a golden cat with white stripes, looking into a full-size floor-standing mirror. What it sees is a big, powerful lion staring back at him. The caption says, “What matters most is how you see yourself". Just imagine how powerful the cat must be feeling as it looks into the mirror in the morning before stepping out for the activities of its day, believing it is a lion that rules the jungle. To get the full impact of the visualization, now imagine how it would feel, had it looked into the mirror and seen a mouse stare back. Would it even have the energy to go out and look for food? Would it have the courage? Probably not. It would be too scared even of the other mice, so how could it possibly think of killing them. What do you see in yourself? Do you see a lion?

You need to learn to push yourself because no one is going to do it for you. What is stopping you from doing this? Do you really have an excuse stopping you from your dream? Push yourself to the limits and never stop. Don’t back down and never give up. You need the courage to continue forward.

Success means having the courage, determination and the will to become the person you want to be. Just be you. If you want to build a YouTube channel differently go for it. If you believe in yourself and have the courage, the determination, the competitive drive and if you are willing to sacrifice the little things and pay the price for things that are worthwhile, it can be done. Don’t let dreams be dreams guys, live them.

There are songs I always found to be inspirational. Here are some of those lyrics from them. I want you to read them and be inspired by them. Have the courage to move forward. Have the motivation to just keep going.

“Yeah, You could be the greatest

You can be the best

You can be the King Kong banging on your chest

You could beat the world

You could beat the war

You could talk to God, go banging on his door

You can throw your hands up

You can beat the clock

You can move a mountain

You can break rocks

You can be a master

Don't wait for luck

Dedicate yourself and you can find yourself

Standing in the hall of fame”

Try to find songs that inspire you. Songs that just get you pumped up and want to keep going. I know you know what I’m talking about. That song you sing in the shower and blare your voice in the car murdering your windows. That one. Inspiration exists, it just has to find you working.

Look guys. You don’t have to be GREAT to START but you have to START to be GREAT. It’s like playing the Powerball. If you don’t play you won’t win- simple as that. It all seems impossible I know, but wait till it’s all done. Motivation is one of the key factors to success. Without it, you wouldn’t have the strength. Love what you do. Start wherever you are right now. Use whatever you already have. Do what you can. Live your dream.The price of success is hard work, dedication to the job at hand, and the determination that whether we win or lose, we have applied the best of ourselves to the task at hand.

Make sure to check out my video on how to have motivation also!

Hope you like the guide! Tell me what you think!

Now this is something that in all honesty i pay my respect for.

This is a story wich can inspire many people and may help them find that little fire burning and how to keep that going :)

-PixelatedAngel

Last edited:

PixelatedAngel

Rising User
Freedom! Member
May 20, 2016
YouTube
Dang bro, I actually read and watched the entire thing, hopefully I can put these tips into work though, if not that was a waste of my time lol, cheers m8
Stay strong and keep going. Don't let anything get you down. Nothing should get you unmotivated. You should only have something that motivates you and keeps your drive alive. Live your dreams.

TheGaminCentral

Distinguished User
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
YouTube
I would feel down because I didn't get attention much or if I was getting attention in few videos then again I would get less attention and I would feel no one is liking my content or enjoying it even though some people say that they do
But yea this really helped me and I am getting motivated to keep on doing what I do

PixelatedAngel

Rising User
Freedom! Member
May 20, 2016
YouTube
I would feel down because I didn't get attention much or if I was getting attention in few videos then again I would get less attention and I would feel no one is liking my content or enjoying it even though some people say that they do
But yea this really helped me and I am getting motivated to keep on doing what I do

I'm glad this helped you get motivated and just keep continuing. No matter what happens, keep living your dream. You shouldn't care about what people think of your videos. Just do you. Do it the way you want. Be different.

Reactions: TheGaminCentral

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
Not this is something that in all honesty i pay my respect for.

This is a story wich can inspire many people and may help them find that little fire burning and how to keep that going :)

For me youtube is a hobby. Since i enjoy gaming i thought live streaming it was a nice addition and always have fun when fellow gamers come in for a chat, that right there is my motivation. The wonderfull conversations and fun i have with my fellow gamers :D

PixelatedAngel

Rising User
Freedom! Member
May 20, 2016
YouTube
Not this is something that in all honesty i pay my respect for.

For me youtube is a hobby. Since i enjoy gaming i thought live streaming it was a nice addition and always have fun when fellow gamers come in for a chat, that right there is my motivation. The wonderfull conversations and fun i have with my fellow gamers :D

I really appreciate that! This really means so much to me. :) I always love to help, so i thought i would make this for the community. I had some motivation problems in the past but now i know how to face it and keep that drive alive. Thank you so much for the response. :D

Reactions: TwilightPrinze

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
I really appreciate that! This really means so much to me. :) I always love to help, so i thought i would make this for the community. I had some motivation problems in the past but now i know how to face it and keep that drive alive. Thank you so much for the response. :D
No Problem and keep that motivation and inspiration be a drive for the future :)
When you have a tough moment think back at these words and keep that spirit within alive :D

avrona

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jan 7, 2018
YouTube
avronaofficial
Motivation has never made any sense to me. To me it's just about common sense and I never in my life needed motivation, nor do I understand how other people get demotivated. How can you get discouraged by seeing someone else's channel that's doing better than yours? I don't look at someone like IHE and say "oh, he started his channel only five days before I started mine, yet he's already at 1.6 million subscribers. I guess it's a sign to stop doing YouTube". I mean, how would that even work? Are there people out there who actually get discouraged by something so pathetic?

Reactions: KaragGaming

Paulpenno

Rising User
Feb 14, 2018
YouTube
My whole channel, Progress Ninja, is based around promoting a healthy obsession for progression and keeping motivation alive to complete your life goals. This was a really well articulated post. Kudos.