How much did you make this year from YouTube?

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
Whenever you see a content creator make a video about how much they make, you usually just sit there for 10 minutes and watch them dance around the question without giving a real answer. "How much do you make?" is a simple question with a simple answer.

This year, I made a little over $22 CAD with Freedom!, enough to draw a bill from an ATM. My revenue share was boosted to 67/33 when I was in a high, which helped to bolster these numbers only slightly. In total I recorded and publicly released 102 videos of which 24 have gotten at least one view in the past 48 hours. One video posted in mid-May is responsible for 97 views in the past 48 hours, I have done no advertising but simply have a top placement in search thanks to my top-notch tags. Those 97 views equate to about 2/3 of my daily view output.

My greatest video of the year was one I did on FouseyTUBE which net 16200 views, but was not able to be monetized due to an automatic copyright claim by Fousey's network, one I didn't particular want to challenge as about 30 seconds solid of the video was reworked audio from the video the thief sent him when his motorcycle got "stolen".

There's nothing in the YouTube guidelines about sharing earnings, so here are mine. I set it to rolling seven day averages to better show the trend in growth. It is very obvious where particular spikes in earnings have come into play, I earned quite alot during the presidential debate season and more from things related to the election, the first video of which (in April) was my first video to sail past 1000 views, getting 1630 views to date.

Again, here are my earnings for this year, set to rolling seven day averages to better show trends in growth.

To build on this, next year I hope for at least 20,000 monetized playbacks and $80 CAD earned. This implies a score of nearly 100,000 views, which if trends are also to be believed, should net almost 1000 new subscribers.

From here I pass this one onto you, how has your YouTube game been this year, and what do you hope for the next year?