Tips & Tricks How do you promote yourself in discord servers?

Carl D

Respected User
Freedom! Member
May 29, 2020
YouTube
So I've been reading some marketing books of self promoting, and I wanted to ask if y'all use discord to promote your own content in the other servers? I am still kinda hesistant with Reddit and I do try to be very careful with forums as well, because I don't want to come off as a total spammer.

LW

Community Manager
Administrator
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2016
Vienna, Austria
twitter.com
YouTube
lw_001
Honestly for promoting in Communities my #1 advice is to promote where people are interested in your content and to do it in a way that doesn't make them feel like you're wasting their time. Give them a reason to watch it and you can get two things out of most of them:
  • Viewers who will become Subscribers if they like it
  • Search Engines will pick up on it
That's hard to explain so let me go through the types of things I delete here:
upload_2020-7-28_23-13-37.png

This helps no one. I won't click on any link thrown at me and I don't want to discuss it. This is a waste of my time.

On the other hand I will be interested in your content if it sparks a discussion or is genuinely something I'm interested in.

Discord Servers and any Community can be used to make a name for yourself and to get some interested viewers to subscribe. No one will call you a spammer as long as you:
  • Follow the rules
  • Interact with people outside of dumping a link and leaving
  • Don't waste their time looking at a boring post.

Reactions: Carl D

Anthony Smith

Believe it or not, I believe in you!
Administrator
Verified Freedom! Partner
Freedom! Member
when sharing it should be something on topic or useful to the person you're talking to. Something that answers a question or proves a point, a guide, how to, etc.

doing this means your shares aren't just shameless self promotion, you're adding to the conversation and helping people.

Carl D

Respected User
Freedom! Member
May 29, 2020
YouTube
Okay thank you for those tips @LW001 and @Anthony Smith I've been curious and been reading some self promotion books but I do try to be careful and not come off as a troller just wanting subs and views.

Anthony Smith

Believe it or not, I believe in you!
Administrator
Verified Freedom! Partner
Freedom! Member
Okay thank you for those tips @LW001 and @Anthony Smith I've been curious and been reading some self promotion books but I do try to be careful and not come off as a troller just wanting subs and views.
the most important thing to remember is to not be parasitic you are there for mutual benefit because you ARE a part of the community, not just some dude who's trying to USE the community for cheap views. be genuine, be useful, be friendly, and never abuse the trust you are given.