How do you guys promote?

GLP Matty

CEO and Founder of Illuminati
Freedom! Member
Jul 8, 2014
Scotland
YouTube
GLPMatty
I seriously get nothing but great feedback on my videos, whether it be friends, family or strangers on the internet but sometimes I find it really hard to get people to actually click on the video in the first place. I use all the social media, from Facebook to Tumblr to Reddit but sometimes a video will come out in a series that usually gets 200 views an episode at least and it only gets like 20. It can be really frustrating when this happens. How do you guys keep a consistent audience and how are some secret ways to promote your stuff?

A few things I use that some of you may not is trinding.com, hashtags and instagram.

jammychap

Freedom! Member
Nov 9, 2017
YouTube
jammychap
I seriously get nothing but great feedback on my videos, whether it be friends, family or strangers on the internet but sometimes I find it really hard to get people to actually click on the video in the first place. I use all the social media, from Facebook to Tumblr to Reddit but sometimes a video will come out in a series that usually gets 200 views an episode at least and it only gets like 20. It can be really frustrating when this happens. How do you guys keep a consistent audience and how are some secret ways to promote your stuff?

A few things I use that some of you may not is trinding.com, hashtags and instagram.
I have started work on a small Gaming channel promotion fourm but it's very early days yet, one thing I would suggest is to note what time/day of the week you published the videos that were popular, for me it's 5pm on a Saturday night

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

GLP Matty

CEO and Founder of Illuminati
Freedom! Member
Jul 8, 2014
Scotland
YouTube
GLPMatty
I have started work on a small Gaming channel promotion fourm but it's very early days yet, one thing I would suggest is to note what time/day of the week you published the videos that were popular, for me it's 5pm on a Saturday night

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

See that's a thing I don't have. The time I publish my videos doesn't affect their popularity. I've checked it multiple times and posting at certain times doesn't seem to affect this. It's actually quite common for some according to those over on YTforums.

SparktheYoshi

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Dec 27, 2016
Nevada
gitlab.com
YouTube
Besides the obvious tip of putting out regular content, pushes on social media can help, and don't be afraid to boost a post if you have spare income if you have a facebook page for your youtube or twitch channel. Also, don't be dismayed if your video only gets 10-30 views for a long while, it means your video is being seen, at least.

Using proper tags can also help (vidIQ provides a tool to analyze good tags per video as well as providing metadata as to where your video gets views even if that's something you can already see via analytics) and you can also use promotion/advertising channels on discord servers as another means of reaching viewers.

I'd also suggest looking at several of your most popular videos via analytics, specifically the traffic part. It can tell you whether the traffic came internally or externally via other sites or embeds and you can react in turn to better promote your videos.

RatbagGaming2

Respected User
Freedom! Member
i use twitter, google + but mainly for interacting with current viewers but for raw instant view use reddit but be warned reddit people are harsh people that hate on everything just cause.... be prepared for hate comments and dislikes... but big views

Koala_Steamed

Mythic User
Reddit was definitely one of my biggest ways to get initial views on a video. Then if people really liked it they would share to others. I think it really depends on the type of content also. For gaming I think the best way to break through is either collab with others around the same size as your channel and also get search views from new trending games.

Jason Ross

New User
Jan 10, 2018
YouTube
Reddit was definitely one of my biggest ways to get initial views on a video. Then if people really liked it they would share to others. I think it really depends on the type of content also. For gaming I think the best way to break through is either collab with others around the same size as your channel and also get search views from new trending games.

Heey. may I ask in what subreddit you post and in how many for one video? I actually have no time at all to gain karma there so is it possible to just poste on the right place and get at least some views or do I have to spend hours for gaining karma before posting there?
I'm a travel and adventure vlogger so what could you recommend me how I could use reddit? I posted a view videos but no views at all and you also can only post very less as reddit doesnt let me post several times in a row.

RatbagGaming2

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Heey. may I ask in what subreddit you post and in how many for one video? I actually have no time at all to gain karma there so is it possible to just poste on the right place and get at least some views or do I have to spend hours for gaining karma before posting there?
I'm a travel and adventure vlogger so what could you recommend me how I could use reddit? I posted a view videos but no views at all and you also can only post very less as reddit doesnt let me post several times in a row.
post at relevant sub reddits like the place your are traveling... or even travel sub reddits but be warned people dont like advertising ur own channel

Hyderpony

Community Team
Community Team!
Verified Freedom! Partner
Freedom! Member
May 19, 2017
London
YouTube
GallopCrush1983
My channel is linked to Twitter, my Twitter is linked to my Facebook. So every time I upload a new video, it sent a auto tweet and sent a post on Facebook.

Howto101

Mar 22, 2017
YouTube
so far I only used facebook, in average it can reach until 50 views after few hours from the time I posted. Then it moves very slooooww.....
yeah i have the same issue... do you use the facebook advertising (post boost) thing... i always see it pop up and i wonder if it works.