How do you feel YouTube Red is going to affect your channel?

Kraedax

Respected User
Oct 25, 2015
YouTube
its fine so far but lets wait for big month January :p
Couldn't agree more! Only time will tell :D[DOUBLEPOST=1451856967][/DOUBLEPOST]
I don't mind having Youtube Red in my channel, I only got $0.20 out of it so far.
Guess it'll be different for everyone. I'm not even sure how to activate it on my channel xD Not like I'd make anything to begin with anyway![DOUBLEPOST=1451857125][/DOUBLEPOST]
It is gonna affect big channels but there's no fear for small one. At the and of the story I think that Youtube Red is not gonna survive because according to some polls only 7% of people are willing to pay for Youtube Red and if you consider that big percentage of those people are under 18 years old and don't make money by themselves I doubt that their parent will give them money for such a thing.
Guess we'll find out in the long run! I'm pretty sure that YouTube Red was a way to generate more revenue because they were starting to fall a bit short. Here's to hoping that YouTube never goes away xD

Last edited:
Reactions: Charles Meekins

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
I haven't seen my for YouTube red on my channel. I can confirm I earned a mighty $0.01 from it during December. I'm not sure if it's caught on or not... Do we have any big channels that have brought this up post-addition?

Kraedax

Respected User
Oct 25, 2015
YouTube
I haven't seen my for YouTube red on my channel. I can confirm I earned a mighty $0.01 from it during December. I'm not sure if it's caught on or not... Do we have any big channels that have brought this up post-addition?
Not sure, a lot of people can't even find it! I... happen to be one of them! :p

riganthor

Distinguished User
Freedom! Member
Mar 10, 2015
YouTube
Riganthor
yeah my income from red is the same so right now no big differences

TheKevit07

Freedom! Member
Jun 25, 2015
YouTube
Someone who uses Youtube Red is watching my stuff....but it hasn't effected my income as it still shows I got money from it. So I guess it hasn't really impacted me.

maxuranium

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Dec 28, 2015
A world of your imagination
YouTube
Great video by one of my favourite YouTubers on this exact subject
[DOUBLEPOST=1452199616][/DOUBLEPOST]
I shouldn't affect YouTube content creators negatively at all. It's a subscription based service that divides evenly among YouTube watch time with specific YouTubers. You get to download content to watch offline and it removes ads.
People blew it out of proportion when they heard "remove ads" or when you were basically forced to agree to the new ToS.

While the affects if you didn't agree would be definitely harsh, it is fine if you do and will actually affect your channel in a positive way.

The only problem I have is that rather than those extra shows, there is really no incentive to getting YouTube Red for $10 over Adblock for free. The average person doesn't care or even sometimes know that his favorite creators are paid through ads, so they'd just use AdBlock to remove those annoying ads.

Technically no.... The video above I just posted makes sense of YouTube Red, basically, only big YouTubers will benefit.

Maple Leaf Games

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Mar 21, 2014
United States
YouTube
I'm not sure if you have seen George's video on how it's actually a positive thing and I believe it is. With everything and YouTube red there are pros and cons. We will just have to wait and see.

Showcase One

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Jan 12, 2016
Australia
tldr.tk
YouTube
Not much! I don't earn money. I don't wish to.
I believe YouTube should be a place for people to upload entertaining content for all to enjoy not to be a place where people upload videos just for the sake of earning money. Because you won't earn money and you won't get attention if you don't entertain your viewers.

Dillon

Freedom! Member
Jun 3, 2014
YouTube
From how I understand it, we will all see more money as a result of YouTube Red.
Regardless, the formula stays roughly the same - longer watchtime + more views = more money.
It's simply YouTube's way of combating AdBlockers so that we all get what we deserve as Content Creators.
It may affect channels differently, but overall I see this as being a bonus to any monetized channel.
At this rate, it's practically akin to Fan Funding, but on a smaller scale.
If anyone is terribly concerned, you can always try a source like Patreon for a more direct funding.
But as always, this will only work if your content is of high quality and you have dedicated fans.