How do you feel YouTube Red is going to affect your channel?

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
I shouldn't affect YouTube content creators negatively at all. It's a subscription based service that divides evenly among YouTube watch time with specific YouTubers. You get to download content to watch offline and it removes ads.
People blew it out of proportion when they heard "remove ads" or when you were basically forced to agree to the new ToS.

While the affects if you didn't agree would be definitely harsh, it is fine if you do and will actually affect your channel in a positive way.

The only problem I have is that rather than those extra shows, there is really no incentive to getting YouTube Red for $10 over Adblock for free. The average person doesn't care or even sometimes know that his favorite creators are paid through ads, so they'd just use AdBlock to remove those annoying ads.

Reactions: GodsSon

sodaholiczir

Rising User
Nov 14, 2015
YouTube
Its not going to affect me at all. And also i doubt there's going to be many people who are going to pay for youtube red, most of the people use adblock

GreenManX

Rising User
Nov 17, 2015
Europe
YouTube
YouTube Red is offering a payed subscription that will completely disable ads throughout the site. Some see this as an opportunity to make more money, while others see this as their paychecks downfall.

How do you think YouTube Red is going to affect you? Go ahead and elaborate :)

It is gonna affect big channels but there's no fear for small one. At the and of the story I think that Youtube Red is not gonna survive because according to some polls only 7% of people are willing to pay for Youtube Red and if you consider that big percentage of those people are under 18 years old and don't make money by themselves I doubt that their parent will give them money for such a thing.

GodsSon

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Nov 28, 2015
U.S.A.
YouTube
ThisIsGodsSon
Hi guys.

YouTube Red will be SO beneficial to all of us (whether we know it or not). Because for the simple fact that we can generate money based on the amount of minutes watched by our viewers on our videos. The downfall will be the No-Ads, but I feel there will be some kind of Ads being shown either way once everything is solidified.[DOUBLEPOST=1449188374][/DOUBLEPOST]
$3+ just from YouTube Red watch time earnings for me so far. I think YouTube Red has a great potential for YouTube Creators and the future of YouTube.
Wow, not too shabby there. I will be subscribing to YouTube Red soon. This looks to be very promising.[DOUBLEPOST=1449191176][/DOUBLEPOST]
Its not going to affect me at all. And also i doubt there's going to be many people who are going to pay for youtube red, most of the people use adblock
Especially when they can put that $9.99 towards Netflix

Last edited:
Reactions: RyanSellers

Charles Meekins

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Sep 5, 2014
YouTube
Hi guys.

YouTube Red will be SO beneficial to all of us (whether we know it or not). Because for the simple fact that we can generate money based on the amount of minutes watched by our viewers on our videos. The downfall will be the No-Ads, but I feel there will be some kind of Ads being shown either way once everything is solidified.[DOUBLEPOST=1449188374][/DOUBLEPOST]
Wow, not too shabby there. I will be subscribing to YouTube Red soon. This looks to be very promising.[DOUBLEPOST=1449191176][/DOUBLEPOST]
Especially when they can put that $9.99 towards Netflix
how do you sign up for youtube red? (as in add your channel and start earning more?)[DOUBLEPOST=1449233510][/DOUBLEPOST]
My earnings has increased by like 4 to 5x as much as I was getting before!!! More watch time = more you make. I love this feature from YouTube Red!
how does it work exactly? is it that the longer the video the more we earn

Reactions: RyanSellers