How do you feel YouTube Red is going to affect your channel?

Kraedax

Respected User
Oct 25, 2015
YouTube
YouTube Red is offering a payed subscription that will completely disable ads throughout the site. Some see this as an opportunity to make more money, while others see this as their paychecks downfall.

How do you think YouTube Red is going to affect you? Go ahead and elaborate :)

Nuke

Proud Nerd & YouTuber
Freedom! Member
It's going to affect us all in some way, but mostly the smaller YouTubers, the bigger youtubers can get money through sponsorship's and affiliate links, all we smaller youtubers have is our channel and maybe one sponsor. Take PewDiePie for example, even if he made NO money off ads, he still makes thousands off referral links and sponsors.

TheCookieWolf

Respected User
Oct 24, 2015
YouTube
Im just gonna say: Capitalism.
People should watch all the media out there on Youtube...while Youtube big channels for logic reasons, keep their channel on Youtube Red for getting more money (That is not bad at all only if you keep being human and with feelings and empathy and all that stuff), the others from the normal channel will be ignored or less visited.
And at the same time is kinda..boring now to see that now they´re going kinda so far, they know how
desperate people that watch big youtubers are....so..BINGO..Business...

Reactions: Nuke

1SB2Gamer

Brabbit1987
Freedom! Member
Mar 2, 2014
YouTube
Im just gonna say: Capitalism.
People should watch all the media out there on Youtube...while Youtube big channels for logic reasons, keep their channel on Youtube Red for getting more money (That is not bad at all only if you keep being human and with feelings and empathy and all that stuff), the others from the normal channel will be ignored or less visited.
And at the same time is kinda..boring now to see that now they´re going kinda so far, they know how
desperate people that watch big youtubers are....so..BINGO..Business...

(facepalm) You have no idea what you are talking about.

Fourth Wall Games

A Sarcastic Brit
Aug 17, 2014
London, UK
youtube.com
YouTube
I can see my earning for day 1 of YouTube Red. 10-28-15
It looks like the other days after that hasn't fully updated yet. So I guess you are right. :)

No you can't, they have not been shown yet, hence the big notice stating:

"YouTube Red has launched! YouTube Red earnings will appear here in a few days."

No red earnings are shown to anyone yet ;)

UnderGroundTank

Distinguished User
Freedom! Member
Aug 11, 2014
YouTube
I don't think it will change much for many people. People already use adblockers and in reality I don't think many people will do the subscription thing.