How do you expose your channel to more people?

Craze Rage

New User
Jan 29, 2017
To be honest its all about working with others just find some people that have channels that are interested in the same stuff as you and you'll get there it just takes forever. Think of it all these huge youtubers had tons of small channels before their main big.

Demkeys

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jun 4, 2014
YouTube
abhinav_Demkeys
One of the many ways to do that, is to use Social Media - Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
On Facebook, try joining groups relating to your content. For example, I post Unity Game Development tutorials primarily. I've joined many Game Development related groups on Facebook. Whenever I publish a video, I post in all of these groups.
On Twitter, whenever I tweet any of my videos, I always use relevant hashtags, so that people find my tweets more easily. There are also Twitterbots that automatically retweet tweets that contain a certain hashtag, so that really helps get your tweet to a larger audience.
On Instagram, post your channel link in the bio of your Instagram profile. Then you can post a screenshot of your video, saying "so and so video is up, channel link in bio". Don't forget to use relevant hashtags there as well. Those hashtags are what will help get your content to more people.
Hope this helps.

Bakka Zigzag

Feb 4, 2016
YouTube
I have gotten a good amount of views and subscribers from using Twitter, and i post a videos on a Reddit group for Youtubers with under a thousand subs.

MSHAY Gaming

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jul 1, 2016
YouTube
As many have said already your best bet is to use social media like twitter, instagram and others for self promotion and exposure. Apart from that sites like this one can help your name get out there a little bit. However a big tip if your going to go to different social media DO NOT post the same stuff on each one, instead make each site different for example...youtube for your main videos on whatever your channels about, twitter maybe for more pictures or very short clips and instagram maybe more of your personal life stuff like everyday pics..atleast that way things get broken up, at the end of the day its pointless doing the same thing on every single platform otherwise people wont bother checking them all out.

KayWar

New User
Freedom! Member
Feb 10, 2017
Georgia
YouTube
You can always reach out to smaller Youtubers as well. We all understand what it's like not to feel heard so a lot of us support each other. :)

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
You can always reach out to smaller Youtubers as well. We all understand what it's like not to feel heard so a lot of us support each other. :)
Only when I read that I think of someone coming to my channel and saying "Hi good work, [insert paragraph or two about why I should sub to him]". It's disingenuous, and nobody should take part in such practice.

Reactions: MSHAY Gaming

MSHAY Gaming

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jul 1, 2016
YouTube
Only when I read that I think of someone coming to my channel and saying "Hi good work, [insert paragraph or two about why I should sub to him]". It's disingenuous, and nobody should take part in such practice.
Totally agree with you there! Theres nothing more annoying than channels "reaching out" to you saying how great a job your doing and all that then all of a sudden asking for a sub back lol its a terrible way to go about youtube. It just becomes spam at the end of the day. Why cant people just realise it takes hard work and good content to grow, not taking shortcuts and trying to beg and harass for subs, and then self-advertise on others channels. Its poor form, yes well all know its hard to grow but there are ways of going about it.