Tips & Tricks How do you determine your channel's potential?

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
Well that's a really tough question and not a very easy one to answer. There could be a million questions that you have to ask / consider when looking at any channels potential - let alone your own. If your channel is growing and you are having interactions from viewers / fans than I would say you have potential.

Reactions: LeoGaming

LeoGaming

Freedom! Member
Dec 22, 2016
Singapore
www.youtube.com
YouTube
Well that's a really tough question and not a very easy one to answer. There could be a million questions that you have to ask / consider when looking at any channels potential - let alone your own. If your channel is growing and you are having interactions from viewers / fans than I would say you have potential.
Thanks a lot man!!! :)[DOUBLEPOST=1487346664][/DOUBLEPOST]
I know I'm getting all philosophical here but you'd have to define "potential", and "success" and consider many other factors in order to come close to answering what is essentially a very subjective conclusion.
Thanks for the reply!! :) so I Guess that how much potential your channel has is very hard to answer haha XD

CastellusZemi

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Jan 5, 2017
YouTube
Zemica117
I would say so long as you have a couple of fans who are following what you're doing and watching your videos you're heading in the right direction. So long as you're releasing good content (I consider "good content" as content you would want to watch yourself.) Then the sky is your limit man. Try not to get discouraged man keep it up bro!

LW

Community Manager
Administrator
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2016
Vienna, Austria
twitter.com
YouTube
lw_001
Mostly ANY channel has potential. You can grow to any size you want, just use the potential. You know you're on the right direction though when you start getting loyal fans that keep coming back and enjoy your content.

LeoGaming

Freedom! Member
Dec 22, 2016
Singapore
www.youtube.com
YouTube
I would say so long as you have a couple of fans who are following what you're doing and watching your videos you're heading in the right direction. So long as you're releasing good content (I consider "good content" as content you would want to watch yourself.) Then the sky is your limit man. Try not to get discouraged man keep it up bro!
Thanks a lot man!! You have really inspired me:) I asked this question as I feel that I'm not really getting a lot of Subscribers and views even though I'm trying my best to put out good content[DOUBLEPOST=1487423215][/DOUBLEPOST]
Mostly ANY channel has potential. You can grow to any size you want, just use the potential. You know you're on the right direction though when you start getting loyal fans that keep coming back and enjoy your content.
Thanks a lot for the reply mate!! This has really enlightened me a lot about YouTube content creating!! :)

TheMLGenies

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Nov 18, 2016
YouTube
TheMLGenies
If we're talking about strictly a gaming channel, I would say the most important things are your ability/versatility on an editing software and your humor on a microphone. All in all though, luck outweighs any of that so there's a pretty good chance you're going to grow a lot if you keep at it.

LeoGaming

Freedom! Member
Dec 22, 2016
Singapore
www.youtube.com
YouTube
If we're talking about strictly a gaming channel, I would say the most important things are your ability/versatility on an editing software and your humor on a microphone. All in all though, luck outweighs any of that so there's a pretty good chance you're going to grow a lot if you keep at it.
Oh yea that makes sense... thanks a lot:) but if you were to look at my videos would you say that it has the quality to let my channel grow big?

LW

Community Manager
Administrator
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2016
Vienna, Austria
twitter.com
YouTube
lw_001
Oh yea that makes sense... thanks a lot:) but if you were to look at my videos would you say that it has the quality to let my channel grow big?
You do have the potential. From looking over your channel a bit you do have potential to get somewhere. Just keep working hard and you'll achieve it! B)

StormMoreno

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Mar 25, 2016
Ohio, United States
YouTube
StormMoreno
If your willing to put the time and energy into it trying new things and learning from your mistakes, your channel is very potential. Here's is a quote from some who has thought something that does not work it's not a failure.

"I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." -Thomas Edison

Edison did a lot in his life and always worked in his lab creating new things I don't say you have to be doing it every single minute of your life doing YouTube, but you would like to experiment with new things to see if they work.

LeoGaming

Freedom! Member
Dec 22, 2016
Singapore
www.youtube.com
YouTube
If your willing to put the time and energy into it trying new things and learning from your mistakes, your channel is very potential. Here's is a quote from some who has thought something that does not work it's not a failure.

"I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." -Thomas Edison

Edison did a lot in his life and always worked in his lab creating new things I don't say you have to be doing it every single minute of your life doing YouTube, but you would like to experiment with new things to see if they work.
Thanks a lot man!! I will definitely now start trying many more new things and never give up! :)[DOUBLEPOST=1487982390][/DOUBLEPOST]
Any channel has potential in its own way, it is up to the person itself to discover how to build it :)
Oh alright thanks man!! So I Guess I would eventually attract my own group of viewers:)

Reactions: StormMoreno

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
Thanks a lot man!! I will definitely now start trying many more new things and never give up! :)[DOUBLEPOST=1487982390][/DOUBLEPOST]
Oh alright thanks man!! So I Guess I would eventually attract my own group of viewers:)
Once you know what path you want to take and stay dedicated to that then you will find your audience and can focuss on building it up :)

HPN2017

Rising User
Oct 22, 2017
I am a firm believer in a Channel's potential being directly tied to the Creator's potential. If you have the drive to succeed and a strong passion for your content, then your Channel's potential is limitless. The audience is going to be drawn in by your passion and thats going to convert into more views and subs. Your drive to succeed is going to determine how much work you put into your content as well as what kind of direction your channel will take as time goes on. Don't get discouraged, it's been said several times already but it is the number 1 most important point. This is my 3rd attempt at operating a channel, I've gotten discouraged and given up before and as a result lost alot of the potential those channels had. What if I had stuck them out and pushed through the difficulties? How successful could they be today? Those "what ifs" are never going to be answered now. The only "what if" that matters now, for me and for you, is what if I keep pushing with this channel? Best advice I can give, treat every day as if it was your channel's launch day! Take notes as to what mistakes you've made in the past, as well what improvements you can make moving forward. However, dont dwell on your channel's past too much. You will make mistakes, you will have bad or low quality content, but those are learning experiences and do not determine what your channel can and will be! Just keep growing and except the growing pains that come with that process. Best of luck to you! We are all in this together!

LeoGaming

Freedom! Member
Dec 22, 2016
Singapore
www.youtube.com
YouTube
I am a firm believer in a Channel's potential being directly tied to the Creator's potential. If you have the drive to succeed and a strong passion for your content, then your Channel's potential is limitless. The audience is going to be drawn in by your passion and thats going to convert into more views and subs. Your drive to succeed is going to determine how much work you put into your content as well as what kind of direction your channel will take as time goes on. Don't get discouraged, it's been said several times already but it is the number 1 most important point. This is my 3rd attempt at operating a channel, I've gotten discouraged and given up before and as a result lost alot of the potential those channels had. What if I had stuck them out and pushed through the difficulties? How successful could they be today? Those "what ifs" are never going to be answered now. The only "what if" that matters now, for me and for you, is what if I keep pushing with this channel? Best advice I can give, treat every day as if it was your channel's launch day! Take notes as to what mistakes you've made in the past, as well what improvements you can make moving forward. However, dont dwell on your channel's past too much. You will make mistakes, you will have bad or low quality content, but those are learning experiences and do not determine what your channel can and will be! Just keep growing and except the growing pains that come with that process. Best of luck to you! We are all in this together!
Thanks so much for replying! Now, I’ve changed my mindset from the past and I am beginning to find joy in producing videos and not only do it for the views! But I really do agree with what you said about dwelling over your old mistakes! Everyone is not perfect and many things are learnt from experience! :)

Reactions: HPN2017

StringStorm

Freedom! Member
Jul 15, 2015
stringstorm.info
YouTube
Here's an objective way to determine it:

Find a niche. Dabble on that niche to see if you're interested or not. Regardless if you are or aren't stick to that niche for a month or so, uploading 4 videos per week. If people come to you with a niche you don't like doing, you can safely say that you have potential for that. Coming to terms with liking that is entirely up to you. If what you don't like doing isn't working out, try doing things that you like. If it doesn't work out, go back to doing the former. Repeat the process until you find a niche that your audience likes.

colormejones

It's completely arbitrary honestly. If there was one thing it'd be based on its how satisfied you are with your videos after you've made them. Like if every video you make you honestly think you did a great job on, you're probably gonna think you have incredibly high potential. Then again, I really don't think you can measure the potential of a channel at all. I might look at a channel and say, it's nothing special, it's got a low ceiling, you might look at it and say the creator is interesting and engaging and they have a really high ceiling