YouTube How can the little guy compete

trustyoursources

New User
Mar 21, 2017
I feel like youtube has so much bias for big channels that I feel like they can put out garbage and still get millions of hits yet when I see great videos that have under 1000 views I cant help but be convinced it might not be a very good way to look for content. Are there any sites or algorithms being worked on to make a flatter playing field?

Krakingamer

Freedom! Member
Dec 28, 2015
YouTube
Its simple, its called time and being smart on how you do things yes there are GREAT smaller channels but donot forget those big channels were our sizes too. You compete by doing something original and unique its the easiest way once you do that poeple will see you and it should be uphill. I been trying to grow especially in minecraft and its not easy its just time consuming.

DashDawgD

Rising User
Mar 22, 2017
YouTube
Another thing that you can do is use the SEO to your advantage. Use good tags and have a professional looking channel. Then when people search for a keyword, your video will come up. Keywords aren't all though! Keywords and Popularity are mixed together. The tags just give it more of a chance. Then the professional channel will make people want to click on your videos and channel. Thats how small youtubers start to get noticed.

Reactions: Krakingamer

Techno Creeper

Freedom! Member
Feb 22, 2017
Earth
youtube.com
YouTube
realMrTechno
Imagine you have a 100 paper clips in front of you. You start linking them up until halfway. You then sort out from greatest to least size of the links. You can see that the biggest one is big, but the small ones are really small. You keep doing the linking until 90%. The biggest one before is still the biggest one now. The biggest channels get bigger, the smaller channels, well, they get bigger too but not as much as the big channels.

Prandall

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jan 27, 2015
YouTube
I feel like youtube has so much bias for big channels that I feel like they can put out garbage and still get millions of hits yet when I see great videos that have under 1000 views I cant help but be convinced it might not be a very good way to look for content. Are there any sites or algorithms being worked on to make a flatter playing field?
I feel the same way. YouTube's algorithm has been messed up for a long time, no matter how many times they change it. Also very true, a big youtuber can put out the most nonsensical video, even one under 5 seconds and still get insane views while us smaller nobodies put so much time and effort into our videos and get virtually nothing. It's depressing to think about but I won't give up personally.