Request Honest Opinions On Content, Thumbnails, Fan Activity, Ect.

Oversoul

Rising User
Verified Freedom! Partner
Freedom! Member
Mar 21, 2018
YouTube
oversoul53
If you guys don't mind I'm trying to figure out how to get better viewer retention.

My subs don't match my views because my channel is 7 years old and I did random game-play videos and compilations before I started doing let's plays.

I started doing let's plays when SOMA came out (Sep, 2015) so if you can, please judge my channel based on what you see from 2015 - now it'll make it easier to see what I need to fix.

Recently viewer activity has increased but it's all the same people. I wanna reach out to more people without making annoyingly long videos. What can I do to make my channel stand out more? I mean besides let's plays I have original content (like the music videos) but what else can I try without changing up my channel entirely?

Here's a link:

https://www.youtube.com/user/MrOversoul53

KnightHunter Studios

Creating films since 2011
Freedom! Member
Jul 30, 2014
UK
www.youtube.com
YouTube
In terms of your immediate channel, looking at it objectively anyway, it has elements of professionalism from the get go! You have a consistent thumbnail design that sticks throughout your lets-play series', so people can always identify your videos! However, perhaps some work should be done on your banner and logo? Just to add a bit of advice of course!

In terms of your video length and duration, it is very good in our eyes; lets plays, of course, are different to other gaming videos as you are... well... playing the video game. So a longer duration is expected, and so you've kept that in good shape for sure!

Overall, some really positive work! Keep it up!