High School Is Making Me Go Crazy Help Me

DeoDoeHD

Jul 31, 2015
I am currently a freshman in high school and I am literally losing it. It is almost the end of the school year and on the current report card I failed half of my classes. The thing is that in order for my grades to average out properly I have to make A's. I failed Biology first semester so I have to pass or else I go to summer school. The high school that I go to is an early college meaning that I will be taking college classes in 10th grade. The thing is my GPA is borderline and with the failing grades my GPA is absolutely terrible. I am freaking out. Not only that but there is a teacher who is bullying me and messing with me like crazy. She has been doing everything in her power to ruin me and she forced me to write a letter and sign it because I didn't turn in a packet. I was not the only one who didn't turn it in, but I was the only one who had to write a letter. She also told a lot of students about how I am failing her class and it is not okay for her to do that. Beyond the entire point i seriously don't know what to do at this point. I want to be able to take college classes and not go to summer school but at this rate I really don't know. Also there are some teachers who have favorites so their favorites will always get a higher grade than me. I am just so lost and currently just searching for answers.

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
If you feel that the particular teacher is bullying you then you should be able to speak to the dean / head teacher about this and report them, or even ask to change classes if possible. As for the GPA, that isn't anything I can help with, unfortunately - School is tough on everyone, and it seems like taking college classes in 10th grade is especially difficult. Could I ask why you are failing your classes is this due to missing assignment deadlines, or that you aren't doing that well in tests?

Also don't forget that going to summer school isn't the worst thing ever, and it won't last forever buddy.

DeoDoeHD

Jul 31, 2015
If you feel that the particular teacher is bullying you then you should be able to speak to the dean / head teacher about this and report them, or even ask to change classes if possible. As for the GPA, that isn't anything I can help with, unfortunately - School is tough on everyone, and it seems like taking college classes in 10th grade is especially difficult. Could I ask why you are failing your classes is this due to missing assignment deadlines, or that you aren't doing that well in tests?

Also don't forget that going to summer school isn't the worst thing ever, and it won't last forever buddy.
I am scared for the fact that when 10th grade comes around I might not be able to take college classes. I will talk to the principal about the situation after spring break. Changing classes is not possible due to her being the only Biology teacher in my entire high school. I am missing some deadlines and I am always failing tests. I failed the Biology final first semester so as of now during second semester I have to make it up but I am currently failing the class. My parents are not happy with my grades. They expect me to get A's and B's but more A's than anything. Anything below that is failing according to them. The thing that makes it worse is that I am actually failing 4 out of 8 of my classes with an F. It is not easy going to an early college high school. I really don't know what to do. My parents don't want me to go to summer school at all they absolutely hate the fact that I am so close to going down that path.

OnlyUltimate

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Mar 6, 2016
London
www.youtube.com
YouTube
OnlyUltimateYT
Sounds real rough. I really hope it gets sorted out and you find a solution that works for you. I don't know how American schools work but I'm kind of in a similar situation, but to a much smaller degree (with Computer Science). I've had 3 different computer science teachers, and with every new teacher, they're worse at teaching and get sacked quicker. It's gotten to the point where I don't even learn anymore and I'm extremely behind for exams. It means I have to put a lot of time off to independently work and it's really stressful.

DeoDoeHD

Jul 31, 2015
Sounds real rough. I really hope it gets sorted out and you find a solution that works for you. I don't know how American schools work but I'm kind of in a similar situation, but to a much smaller degree (with Computer Science). I've had 3 different computer science teachers, and with every new teacher, they're worse at teaching and get sacked quicker. It's gotten to the point where I don't even learn anymore and I'm extremely behind for exams. It means I have to put a lot of time off to independently work and it's really stressful.
Yeah. I might just have to focus fully on independent learning and work in general. It is just getting out of control.

Challenge Eh?

Rising User
Mar 12, 2017
Canada
YouTube
challenge_eh
I am currently a freshman in high school and I am literally losing it. It is almost the end of the school year and on the current report card I failed half of my classes. The thing is that in order for my grades to average out properly I have to make A's. I failed Biology first semester so I have to pass or else I go to summer school. The high school that I go to is an early college meaning that I will be taking college classes in 10th grade. The thing is my GPA is borderline and with the failing grades my GPA is absolutely terrible. I am freaking out. Not only that but there is a teacher who is bullying me and messing with me like crazy. She has been doing everything in her power to ruin me and she forced me to write a letter and sign it because I didn't turn in a packet. I was not the only one who didn't turn it in, but I was the only one who had to write a letter. She also told a lot of students about how I am failing her class and it is not okay for her to do that. Beyond the entire point i seriously don't know what to do at this point. I want to be able to take college classes and not go to summer school but at this rate I really don't know. Also there are some teachers who have favorites so their favorites will always get a higher grade than me. I am just so lost and currently just searching for answers.
Same happened to me. I live in Quebec where the education system is different, but I'll simplify it for you. From grade 7-10 (our high school is 7-11), I went to the best high school in terms of college prep and grades in Quebec. Throughout those four years, I tried my best, but my grades were always low 70s (C to C-). I would be failing classes and found myself distracted and missing some deadlines too, mainly because of hockey, which turned out to be a good gamble as joining the National Hockey League is now a possibility for me. At the end of grade 10, I had a meeting with the principal (dean if you will) and we reviewed everything from grade 7-10. This was the first term (3 terms per year) in all of my highs chool years that I did not fail a single class. Unfortunately, it was not good enough and I was asked to leave the school. I am now in a public school with a lot of students. I have made new friends and it's kinda fun. I was obviously extremely sad when I left that school, but now that I am halfway through my 11th(last) year of high school, I realize that it did not matter. I got in to college and I will pursue my dreams. The point of all of this was to first off share my experience, but also to tell you to try your best and never give up. Things will not always go your way, but everything happens for a reason. Keep working hard and don't get down on yourself if something doesn't go your way, just try harder next time.

DeoDoeHD

Jul 31, 2015
Same happened to me. I live in Quebec where the education system is different, but I'll simplify it for you. From grade 7-10 (our high school is 7-11), I went to the best high school in terms of college prep and grades in Quebec. Throughout those four years, I tried my best, but my grades were always low 70s (C to C-). I would be failing classes and found myself distracted and missing some deadlines too, mainly because of hockey, which turned out to be a good gamble as joining the National Hockey League is now a possibility for me. At the end of grade 10, I had a meeting with the principal (dean if you will) and we reviewed everything from grade 7-10. This was the first term (3 terms per year) in all of my highs chool years that I did not fail a single class. Unfortunately, it was not good enough and I was asked to leave the school. I am now in a public school with a lot of students. I have made new friends and it's kinda fun. I was obviously extremely sad when I left that school, but now that I am halfway through my 11th(last) year of high school, I realize that it did not matter. I got in to college and I will pursue my dreams. The point of all of this was to first off share my experience, but also to tell you to try your best and never give up. Things will not always go your way, but everything happens for a reason. Keep working hard and don't get down on yourself if something doesn't go your way, just try harder next time.
Wow. What a story. Thank you for sharing it. It was rather informative. I now have an idea of what I have to do and I shall see where everything takes me.

Reactions: Challenge Eh?

DeoDoeHD

Jul 31, 2015
Good luck! :D
Good luck XD
With the report card they recently did for 3rd nine weeks I feel as my GPA went down a lot. Originally I had a 2.5 GPA which is the minimum required to take college classes next school year when I am in 10th grade. So I don't know what to do at this point. I mean I still have to sit the test in order for me to take college classes. The test is in May. I also have tons of EOC's and STAAR testing that is coming up soon. The main thing that I am currently worried about is the fact that my grades are terrible and that my GPA is suffering. My GPA is the most important thing in the early college high school. I am just so lost. I want to get the best grades that I can. Last Week the Principal told me that since I am failing 4 classes out of 8, and that in order for my grades to average out properly at the end of the school year is if I get an A in all 4 of the classes that I am failing. I just dont know how I am going to be able to do that. Plus in the ranking system I am 96 out of 109 by now I could be 109 out of 109. I am freaking out and the fact is that I am all confused and alone. I cant do much about my current situation because I am just so tired of all of this. I want to get good grades but that has been difficult ever since 7th grade. In 7th grade I was bullied by six girls who were my friends and that happened for all of second semester. Roughly a total of 5-6 months of torment every single day. I told the counselor about it and she blamed me for getting bullied. I told so many of my peers and teachers but they all thought that I was lying. Ever since then I have had trust issues and can't really confide in teachers. Plus ever since Pre-K i have been set up by the school system or favoritism was taking place so I could not get a fair chance at receiving my grade. I HATE the fact that favoritism exists and how some teachers just set you up for failure. I am so done with the school system and I just need so much help and assistance.

Koala_Steamed

Mythic User
Main thing is just give up on a class, even if you get an average mark it will show that you are still willing to have a go. Grades wont matter all that much in the long run, no job will hire based on that. They want hard workers that can get through things when they get rough.

Good luck and hope it all goes okl!