Community Manager
Administrator
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2016
Vienna, Austria
twitter.com
YouTube
lw_001
Let me preface this by saying there's no way to find out someone's network without them giving you MCN permissions.

VidIQ uses the content owner of the channel to determine the network. This is a mildly accurate way to determine this but it's not close to being more than a good guess. The best way to think of this would be:
Think of you and your channel. You make a video. You own that video now. You have to own it to make money off of it. You're the content owner, you monetize it. Now you think "Hey, I want to have someone manage my video and its earnings" and join a network. In the way YouTube works that network owns that now (In Freedom! the contract explicitly says you own it but in YouTube's system Freedom! owns it, that's a topic for another day) and makes the money off of it. Now when joining a network you give the ownership to that network and it takes a while to distribute through YouTube's CMS. Now the way VidIQ works is best described as a guy who's permanently reading through the book saying who owns what video. He goes through the book and it takes time until he looks at your channel again, that's why they're so slow at updating it.

But how do I check what network I'm in then you may ask.
You go to your YouTube features page and look at "Network: ...". This is the most accurate information you'll get there.

Reactions: zeke morgan
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.