Gaming Help! help me reach 200 subs, MUST BE ACTIVE

natesmith1016

Feb 9, 2016
YouTube
Hey guys, I have made numerous posts attempting to gain subs and bring popularity to my channel over the past few weeks on here. I have not really seen the improvement in subscriber total or view total that I would expect from a network forum. I am always open to checking out others' channels and subbing to their channels if you would like a sub for sub situation. Kind of starting to lose faith in this forum. If you like Call of Duty, FIFA, soccer/football, politics and tips on growing your youtube channel, along with HD commentaries, my channel is the place to be. Check out my latest video and if you enjoy, subscribe:

Last edited:
Reactions: mumongugaming

Goped Fred

Distinguished User
Freedom! Member
Feb 13, 2016
A little place called Oblivion
YouTube
If you're just in it for the subs, that's where you're going wrong bro. You can't come to a forum like this only wanting to help yourself and expect other people to just fall in line. I enjoy helping people and meaningful conversation, thus they enjoy our interaction, and if they sub to me then cool. If not, I've lost nothing, I'm not too upset about it. Sup focusing on the numbers so much and just have fun with it. You aren't going to gain anything with that mindset

natesmith1016

Feb 9, 2016
YouTube
If you're just in it for the subs, that's where you're going wrong bro. You can't come to a forum like this only wanting to help yourself and expect other people to just fall in line. I enjoy helping people and meaningful conversation, thus they enjoy our interaction, and if they sub to me then cool. If not, I've lost nothing, I'm not too upset about it. Sup focusing on the numbers so much and just have fun with it. You aren't going to gain anything with that mindset
You are absolutely right.

Reactions: Goped Fred

mumongugaming

Rising User
Oct 14, 2015
England
YouTube
mumongugaming
Hey guys, I have made numerous posts attempting to gain subs and bring popularity to my channel over the past few weeks on here. I have not really seen the improvement in subscriber total or view total that I would expect from a network forum. I am always open to checking out others' channels and subbing to their channels if you would like a sub for sub situation. Kind of starting to lose faith in this forum. If you like Call of Duty, FIFA, soccer/football, politics and tips on growing your youtube channel, along with HD commentaries, my channel is the place to be. Check out my latest video and if you enjoy, subscribe:
Greetings fellow YouTuber. I too enjoy FIFAand many other games. I have subbed to your channel, and would very much like it if you and many others wouldn't mind, checking out mine. FIST BUMP & HUGS all round

mumongugaming

Rising User
Oct 14, 2015
England
YouTube
mumongugaming
YouTube is like a warm bath. You can stay in it for a long time and just enjoy the soak. Don't expect the Rubber Duckie to enjoy it also. If you are after a brisk shower and want a quick number count, then I suggest you Stream on TWITCH or HITBOX. Numbers don't matter it's meeting NEW people and enjoying what you are doing. Like my Learned friend says so....

natesmith1016

Feb 9, 2016
YouTube
YouTube is like a warm bath. You can stay in it for a long time and just enjoy the soak. Don't expect the Rubber Duckie to enjoy it also. If you are after a brisk shower and want a quick number count, then I suggest you Stream on TWITCH or HITBOX. Numbers don't matter it's meeting NEW people and enjoying what you are doing. Like my Learned friend says so....
It' just that I take a long time and put a lot of work in my videos and so it's a bit of a downer if my vid takes 2 hours with the thumbnail as well and I get 5 views. When I have 136 subs.

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
You know why you got 5 views? You did Sub4Sub (evidenced by original post).

Sub4Sub subscribers are instantly dead, they cared for nothing but the fact that you subscribed to them. They don't care about your content and most important they don't care about you. They got their +1, that is all they cared for. It was the same on your end. You were happy with the +1, despite the subscriber being dead.

You say you expected to get more from a network forum. You should've expected downright nothing. It is highly ineffective to post on forums and subreddits as the other people are just like those Sub4Sub people I mentioned earlier, only with views instead of subscriptions. The time should be spent trying to better your SEO rather than appeal to a market of YouTubers, which by the looks of your content (visually, not just the topic), it's geared towards gamers and those interested in the political scene, not YouTubers.

Advertising here is most effective when you make a video directed towards YouTubers that would help the community at large. But we here on the forums that are dedicated to the forums generally decide to dedicate our time towards helping your channel grow through knowledge instead of viewership and subscription, for we are your friends and colleagues, not your audience.

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
Evidence to my claim about people being careless to others. Look at this entire section. Each post has 1, 2, 3, or up to 5 views, and absolutely zero replies (on average, this appears to be an exception).
The only one that got replies (and lots of them) is not when one person was looking to get views to his own stuff, but offered the chance to have others get views. They jumped all over that, amassing more than 700 views to the post and 139 replies.

IN FACT, 15 of the top 18 user generated posts [by replies] are ones where the posted opted to try to help out the user who would reply to the post, usually with advice and critique.
As proven by that fact, people (mostly) want to help themselves as opposed to help others, and it's kinda sickening.

natesmith1016

Feb 9, 2016
YouTube
Evidence to my claim about people being careless to others. Look at this entire section. Each post has 1, 2, 3, or up to 5 views, and absolutely zero replies (on average, this appears to be an exception).
The only one that got replies (and lots of them) is not when one person was looking to get views to his own stuff, but offered the chance to have others get views. They jumped all over that, amassing more than 700 views to the post and 139 replies.

IN FACT, 15 of the top 18 user generated posts [by replies] are ones where the posted opted to try to help out the user who would reply to the post, usually with advice and critique.
As proven by that fact, people (mostly) want to help themselves as opposed to help others, and it's kinda sickening.
The thing is, I even did a video on helping others grow their channels and posted that on here, still nothing. My channel has grown tremendously thanks to high quality videos and content, but still.

natesmith1016

Feb 9, 2016
YouTube
You know why you got 5 views? You did Sub4Sub (evidenced by original post).

Sub4Sub subscribers are instantly dead, they cared for nothing but the fact that you subscribed to them. They don't care about your content and most important they don't care about you. They got their +1, that is all they cared for. It was the same on your end. You were happy with the +1, despite the subscriber being dead.

You say you expected to get more from a network forum. You should've expected downright nothing. It is highly ineffective to post on forums and subreddits as the other people are just like those Sub4Sub people I mentioned earlier, only with views instead of subscriptions. The time should be spent trying to better your SEO rather than appeal to a market of YouTubers, which by the looks of your content (visually, not just the topic), it's geared towards gamers and those interested in the political scene, not YouTubers.

Advertising here is most effective when you make a video directed towards YouTubers that would help the community at large. But we here on the forums that are dedicated to the forums generally decide to dedicate our time towards helping your channel grow through knowledge instead of viewership and subscription, for we are your friends and colleagues, not your audience.
I was also severely under exaggerating, I get about 40 views a video.

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
It is the high quality content that you need to focus on. Create content you are happy with making and make sure it can be seen by your intended audience via YouTube search.
Attention, views, subscribers and such come as deserved, and trying to force it forward is going to demotivate you when you see you are getting lower and lower average views per video relative to your sub count.

Your audience, my audience, everyones audience is on YouTube, not on some subreddit for forum. Our proper audience isn't even aware these sites exist.

natesmith1016

Feb 9, 2016
YouTube
It is the high quality content that you need to focus on. Create content you are happy with making and make sure it can be seen by your intended audience via YouTube search.
Attention, views, subscribers and such come as deserved, and trying to force it forward is going to demotivate you when you see you are getting lower and lower average views per video relative to your sub count.

Your audience, my audience, everyones audience is on YouTube, not on some subreddit for forum. Our proper audience isn't even aware these sites exist.
great points.

GameGabe

Freedom! Member
Dec 21, 2015
Unknown to mankind
YouTube
I think you're kinda wrong here ...
If the moto of Freedom is "Let's grow together" why shouldn't people post in forum and ask to subscribe?
It's asking not forcing ... Still better to ask than to use bots as most of the people do this days

Goped Fred

Distinguished User
Freedom! Member
Feb 13, 2016
YouTube
I think you're kinda wrong here ...
If the moto of Freedom is "Let's grow together" why shouldn't people post in forum and ask to subscribe?
It's asking not forcing ... Still better to ask than to use bots as most of the people do this days
I'd rather have people who sub that are actually interested in me and my content, dungeness who will actually give feedback and watch my videos, than just another dope doing sub for sub or that's only interested in themselves. I'd like to know I'm building a healthy viewer base, that way I know I'm putting out enjoyable content and that people actually like watching me. What's the use in growing if the results don't reflect the numbers?

GameGabe

Freedom! Member
Dec 21, 2015
Unknown to mankind
YouTube
I'd rather have people who sub that are actually interested in me and my content, dungeness who will actually give feedback and watch my videos, than just another dope doing sub for sub or that's only interested in themselves. I'd like to know I'm building a healthy viewer base, that way I know I'm putting out enjoyable content and that people actually like watching me. What's the use in growing if the results don't reflect the numbers?
That's what i meant ... i didn't mention sub4sub.
Because the channels are so small they don't get noticed ( unless you use bots ) and it's highly unlikely they'll ever get noticed by someone.
Than yet again ... isn't Freedoms community suppose to help? So far i got 3 - 4 feedbacks from Freedom members ( consider how many are active it's a shame most of them just advertise and are not active )

Goped Fred

Distinguished User
Freedom! Member
Feb 13, 2016
YouTube
That's what i meant ... i didn't mention sub4sub.
Because the channels are so small they don't get noticed ( unless you use bots ) and it's highly unlikely they'll ever get noticed by someone.
Than yet again ... isn't Freedoms community suppose to help? So far i got 3 - 4 feedbacks from Freedom members ( consider how many are active it's a shame most of them just advertise and are not active )
I've gotten quite a bit off feedback through freedom. I make sure to look at other people's stuff and give them feedback, and more often than not I'll at least get a nice conversation out of it. Sometimes all it even takes is a bit of courtesy, or intellectual stimulation. My best advice to you is to stop worrying about it. Don't place these big expectations on growing just because you've joined a network. So far, I've not seen anything positive from your part of the conversation and that in itself is enough to drive people away.