Community Hello everyone. Almost 13k subs in my first year!! How did I do it?

Sons of Arkham

Rising User
Oct 9, 2014
San Diego
YouTube
Hey everyone,
My Name is Dan and I go by Sons of Arkham Pranks on Youtube.
I grew up in San Diego, Ca (or a whales vagina) for all you scholars out there.
I have 2 Daughters and am happily married.
I've had a youtube channel since the beginning but I just didn't have the time to have a consistent upload schedule. My original channel was pretty much going nowhere fast.
A little over a year ago after being retired from the gaming industry for 2 years I decided to focus all of my free time to Youtube.

I had always been a practical joker going back to my school days and I started checking out some of the prank channels on Youtube.
Only a few really impressed me and the others I wouldn't technically call pranks.
This got me into a writing frenzy. Coming up with original prank ideas while still doing some classics.
At this time I invented a little toy I call "The Sharter" I took it out in public and the rest is history.
Some big channels have used "The Sharter" in their videos and its taken it from a small idea to a very profitable small business I run out of my garage.

Some of the channels that have used the sharter are
Sam Pepper, That Brown Nerd, Epicfivetv, Smooth Pranks, TPS and others.
At the time I write this I'm just under 13k subs and average 350k views a month. How do I do it?
Collabs and material. Those are the biggest things you can do to grow your channel.

I have a reputation in the prank community as the guy you can come to and ask to tweak a concept into something better. I get hit up a lot for original ideas from some pretty big channels.
I have some big things planned with some big channels this year as well as writing a pilot for a sitcom.
You are welcome to come join the journey on my channel Sons of Arkham Pranks.

Reactions: KelHughes

KelHughes

Rising User
Aug 19, 2018
YouTube
Hey everyone,
My Name is Dan and I go by Sons of Arkham Pranks on Youtube.
I grew up in San Diego, Ca (or a whales vagina) for all you scholars out there.
I have 2 Daughters and am happily married.
I've had a youtube channel since the beginning but I just didn't have the time to have a consistent upload schedule. My original channel was pretty much going nowhere fast.
A little over a year ago after being retired from the gaming industry for 2 years I decided to focus all of my free time to Youtube.

I had always been a practical joker going back to my school days and I started checking out some of the prank channels on Youtube.
Only a few really impressed me and the others I wouldn't technically call pranks.
This got me into a writing frenzy. Coming up with original prank ideas while still doing some classics.
At this time I invented a little toy I call "The Sharter" I took it out in public and the rest is history.
Some big channels have used "The Sharter" in their videos and its taken it from a small idea to a very profitable small business I run out of my garage.

Some of the channels that have used the sharter are
Sam Pepper, That Brown Nerd, Epicfivetv, Smooth Pranks, TPS and others.
At the time I write this I'm just under 13k subs and average 350k views a month. How do I do it?
Collabs and material. Those are the biggest things you can do to grow your channel.

I have a reputation in the prank community as the guy you can come to and ask to tweak a concept into something better. I get hit up a lot for original ideas from some pretty big channels.
I have some big things planned with some big channels this year as well as writing a pilot for a sitcom.
You are welcome to come join the journey on my channel Sons of Arkham Pranks.
Congrades on your success , you give me hope