1. We use cookies! By continuing, you're agreeing to our cookie policy. Learn More.
  2. Collaboration is one of the best ways to grow your audience. Participate in Freedom!'s Collaboration Beta Project now!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Wondering what earned you credits on the forums? The full list has now been added here
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Remember to read the F.A.Q. before posting in the Support section/Portal!
    Dismiss Notice

Opinion Have you ever paid for someone to edit your videos?

Discussion in 'General' started by Sneaker shopping therapy, Apr 18, 2019.

1. Sneaker shopping therapy

Sneaker shopping therapy Full Member

Forum Posts:
    did they capture you style or improve the way you did edits down the line? How much I’d you pay and was it worth it?

2. DogMan Dan

DogMan Dan Gamer/Content Creator Freedom! Member

Forum Posts:
    no way would I have someone else edit my content. Only you can create your style and feel, subs know when it is altered. As well giving someone your videos to edit is giving them the rights to do whatever they choose later as well if they feel like claiming the content whether you like it or not they have the files.

3. Koala_Steamed

Koala_Steamed Mythic User Retired Administrator Retired Moderator

Forum Posts:
    I quite liked editing my own videos, even if I wasn't that great at it I think it was part of the fun. Also I feel like having someone else edit they wouldn't really capture your own style as you said.

4. Money Talks

Money Talks Full Member

Forum Posts:
    I enjoy editing my videos so that isn't a problem for me but i can see how some people may find it easier to pay others. I just feel it makes it more unique to have it done by yourself.

5. SparktheYoshi

SparktheYoshi Respected User Freedom! Member

Forum Posts:
    Nah, I'm both a cheapskate and prefer working on my stuff (so I can get it right my way)

6. Giosaia S. Perillo

Giosaia S. Perillo Full Member

Forum Posts:
    I have never paid anyone to edit my videos, becouse I never wanted to spend any money and plus there is more satisfaction in doing it yourself.
    If you ever do want to pay someone to edit your videos, I suggest Fiverr. You can find all kinds of people to help you with your videos.

7. Animates

Animates Full Member

Forum Posts:
    I really enjoy editing and creating video, I would have thought that was most of the fun. But I guess if you have the ideas and the content you might not necessarily have the time to do it yourself. I am sure there would be many people happy to edit for you for nix or for very little. Just thinking out loud. Good luck

8. Indurok

Indurok Dragon Freedom! Member

Forum Posts:
    I don't really trust anyone else with my footage besides myself. Besides, I don't have the money for that.

9. KnightHunter Studios

KnightHunter Studios Creating films since 2011 Freedom! Member

Forum Posts:
    We paid a group of editors once and it didn't turn out the way we wanted it to. We mainly did it because our schedule for one of our YouTube series' was packed - we were trying to edit footage and turn it out in time for the episodes release date, but there was so much we just had to outsource and get a group of editors in to do it. However, the results were mixed. The thing about editing that people overlook is: it's a completely personal thing. You sit in the editing suite and literally obsess over every angle, every shot, every musical cue, and so forth, and so if anyone else was to come in and go, "Nope, change this, that, and the other", you'd flip.

Giosaia S. Perillo likes this.
  10. Most Amazing Everything

Most Amazing Everything Full Member

Forum Posts:
    I've never personally paid anyone to edit videos for me i get the pleasure out of editing my own content then i can actually say its mine and i did it.

11. finegamingconnoisseur

finegamingconnoisseur Rising User Freedom! Member

Forum Posts:
    Never. There’s simply no substitute for getting video editing done exactly how I want it, in my opinion.