Hardest Game Ever Played?

Anzariel

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Jan 21, 2015
Montreal
YouTube
Xcom on Impossible difficulty, I tried to complete it so many times but gave up :( . Personally I didn't find The Evil Within that difficult, I think I only died like 4 times during the entire game, and most of those were due to me getting one hit killed by bosses or Rivik

I can second this. Even on Normal difficulty, X-COM gives no mercy, and more than once it just ate me alive despite all my experience...LIVE!

Reactions: Nuke

Farhood LEO

Rising User
Jan 9, 2016
YouTube
i cant choose a single game but antichamber was one of the hardest games ive ever played i finished that but i highly recommend it 2 all of u guys .

BedfastDuck

Renowned User
Mar 20, 2015
YouTube
Halo 3 Mythic (hardest difficulty, all skulls on solo). You die anywhere in the mission, the mission resets. No HUD, enemies have increased health and throw more grenades, and everything ineeded general is just much harder.

All Games Must Die

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jan 15, 2015
www.youtube.com
YouTube
That's a really tough question because I play alot of tough as nails platformers, and bullet hell games in my 30+ years of gaming...

I love the feeling of serious intensity, and the excitement of completion. It's an emotional roller-coaster playing these types of games... rofl
Those types of games give me headaches even though often times they are great games. Please tell me you've played Einhander. I'm sure you have, I never beat it myself, it was too hard. I used to love beating Darius Twin on the SNES but I could only do it with cheat codes.

All Games Must Die

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jan 15, 2015
www.youtube.com
YouTube
Hmmmm never heard of either of them :(
Well the Panzer Dragoon series is legendary status. It started on the Sega Saturn, think of like a more mystical Star Fox 64. Xenogears is a classic Squaresoft Jrpg, back before they changed their name to Square Enix. It's considered a masterpiece as well. Maybe you've heard of the Xenosaga series on PS2? Those are made from the same creator and are spiritually connected to Xenogears, same with the newer game on Wii U called Xenoblade Chronicles but Xenogears was the one that started it all and is the most famous. It's on ps1 though so more than likely you would have to play these on emulators or watch some playthroughs of them if you wanted.

All Games Must Die

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jan 15, 2015
www.youtube.com
YouTube
Hmmm never heard of it.

I've never heard of it, maybe I'll check it out :)
Yeah look up Contra 3: The alien wars. Super hard bullet hell game on the Snes. I've you've heard of the newer game, called Super Time Force which I loved by the way, it was heavily inspired by Contra and another classic called Gunstar Heroes for the Genesis.

Gamenugz

Freedom! Member
Feb 18, 2015
YouTube
gamenugz
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate is pretty difficult, or any of the Ninja Gaiden games minus the original for NES. (that one is easy)

Nuke

Proud Nerd & YouTuber
Freedom! Member
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate is pretty difficult, or any of the Ninja Gaiden games minus the original for NES. (that one is easy)
I've always heard Ninja Gaiden is hard, I played it years ago and it was fun :D
Yeah look up Contra 3: The alien wars. Super hard bullet hell game on the Snes. I've you've heard of the newer game, called Super Time Force which I loved by the way, it was heavily inspired by Contra and another classic called Gunstar Heroes for the Genesis.
Hmmm I'll look it up, thanks for the info :)

Zeitelic

Rising User
Jan 31, 2016
YouTube
I would have said Dark Souls when I first played but it wasn't that bad to be honest learned quickly. In any case I would have to say Undertale Genocide Run.

Nuke

Proud Nerd & YouTuber
Freedom! Member
Sure I'm always trying to keep legendary games alive in the hearts and minds of others especially in this super fast paced world.
Haha, it was a great game, I enjoyed it :)
I would have said Dark Souls when I first played but it wasn't that bad to be honest learned quickly. In any case I would have to say Undertale Genocide Run.
Dark Souls was such a fun game, played it when it first came out for months :D

Reactions: Zeitelic