YouTube Got botted

JA Gaming

Respected User
Apr 23, 2017
Denmark, Copenhagen
YouTube
Hello Freedom!
I recently have gotten botted on YouTube (not by myself) and I wanted to know if you could help me get on top of it and turn my analytics around? Any tips on how to do so would be much appreciated.

-Jennifer

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
When you say you got botted, was this for views or interactions - so comments, likes etc?? Typically YouTube has a baseline of people's channels and if things suddenly spike (for example views) this will be monitored, and reviewed - with fraudulent views / subscribers being removed later by YouTube to ensure that only 'true' and accurate analytics are shown.

JA Gaming

Respected User
Apr 23, 2017
Denmark, Copenhagen
YouTube
When you say you got botted, was this for views or interactions - so comments, likes etc?? Typically YouTube has a baseline of people's channels and if things suddenly spike (for example views) this will be monitored, and reviewed - with fraudulent views / subscribers being removed later by YouTube to ensure that only 'true' and accurate analytics are shown.
I was botted with views and subscribers

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
I was botted with views and subscribers
As mentioned typically those dead / ghost subscribers and views would be removed by YouTube after a while to reflect the true analytics of the channel - there isn't a cast iron deadline on this, but it will get sorted

Koala_Steamed

Mythic User
Depending on the amount of views you may not have to worry too much (if it was only a few hundred or something). Also there is a possibility that someone has posted your video somewhere, maybe a large youtuber found your channel or something like that. If there are comments along with the views ask them how they found your video.

If you do think it's serious and may effect your account this may help you out https://support.google.com/adsense/answer/16737?hl=en