Girlfriend is Abusing my playlists

ITW Games

Freedom! Member
Nov 12, 2015
Midwest USA
YouTube
ScottWood2569
Hey all. I was just looking for an opinion. My girlfriend and I don't live together. She just told me when she's at her house she turns on my playlists so she can hear me talk and play my games and it helps her sleep. Can I get in trouble for that? I have noticed in my analytics that my playlist watchtime has gone way up so apparently she does it alot.

Also I spent a couple nights at her house last week and we were chillin on the bed and she wanted me to look at this thing she found on this wayfair site. I've never heard of wayfair before. She said she hadn't either and that it was an ad on my video. So apparently she clicks my video ads if something looks interesting to check it out. Can I get in trouble for that? It seems legit. She's actually interested in the product. So I think it should be ok. I was just wanting a second opinion.

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
As long as you have absolutely no direct intervention in getting the views, you're fine.

If you were like "here, watch my playlist", then there'd be an issue.

Reactions: ITW Games

ITW Games

Freedom! Member
Nov 12, 2015
Midwest USA
YouTube
ScottWood2569
As long as you have absolutely no direct intervention in getting the views, you're fine.

If you were like "here, watch my playlist", then there'd be an issue.

Yea she does it on her own. I was mostly just worried that she clicked an ad from her IP address and I was there at the time checking out my stats on the same IP. I was logged into Freedom and YT thru my accounts and she was clicking on an ad on her account

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
If she's doing it to support you, then she shouldn't be. The point of clicking the ad is because you saw an ad you liked and wanted to learn more.

Koala_Steamed

Mythic User
You do have to be very careful about this, Youtube has a lot of things to measure fake views. I know someone a while ago from Freedom got caught because they changed their IP then clicked on a whole lot of their Video ads, thinking that chaining their IP from the one they log in from wouldn't mean they got caught.

If your gf is watching your video just as how she would normally watch videos that's fine, but if she is doing it to try to earn you more money that could be a problem.

ITW Games

Freedom! Member
Nov 12, 2015
Midwest USA
YouTube
ScottWood2569
You do have to be very careful about this, Youtube has a lot of things to measure fake views. I know someone a while ago from Freedom got caught because they changed their IP then clicked on a whole lot of their Video ads, thinking that chaining their IP from the one they log in from wouldn't mean they got caught.

If your gf is watching your video just as how she would normally watch videos that's fine, but if she is doing it to try to earn you more money that could be a problem.

No shes actually watching them 1. because shes trying to learn how to play the games we have. and 2. because she likes hearing my voice while she sleeps. (weird but okay). The wayfair ad she clicked she actually did buy something from there so that was legit in my opinion. Just don't want YT getting the wrong idea. She's wanting me to make more Fallout New Vegas videos so she knows what to do next. LOL.

Also just a question. Do we actually get paid for just views? No clicks or anything. Like say someone watches a video and does nothing else. Do we get anything for that? Also if someone rates a video thumbs up or down do we get anything for that?

Koala_Steamed

Mythic User
Also just a question. Do we actually get paid for just views? No clicks or anything. Like say someone watches a video and does nothing else. Do we get anything for that? Also if someone rates a video thumbs up or down do we get anything for that?

Yes you do get paid for monetised views, usually there is a very low chance that someone will click an ad. I'm not sure of the actual difference between someone clicking an ad vs someone just viewing it in terms of money though.

You don't get anything for someone liking/disliking your video but it does count towards user engagement which ranks your video higher in search and a few other things. Also I think it may have a higher chance that advertisers will place ads on your videos.

ITW Games

Freedom! Member
Nov 12, 2015
Midwest USA
YouTube
ScottWood2569
You don't get anything for someone liking/disliking your video but it does count towards user engagement which ranks your video higher in search and a few other things. Also I think it may have a higher chance that advertisers will place ads on your videos.
Hey thanks for the info. I figured we didnt get anything too special for ppl liking or disliking simply because you can tell ppl to press like or whatever but youre not allowed to say click my ads.
Love the info and the quick response i get from this community. It's AWESOME!!!

Kratos Aurion

You Earnestly believe you could defeat me?
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
Phoenix, Arizona
YouTube
Yes you do get paid for monetised views, usually there is a very low chance that someone will click an ad. I'm not sure of the actual difference between someone clicking an ad vs someone just viewing it in terms of money though.

Well if this was any indication I'd say people clicking is worth A LOT more. XD

1 Click vs non click.jpg