Tips & Tricks Getting fewer views on new videos! How to fix this?

The 2 Diverse

New User
Aug 18, 2017
YouTube
We are The2diverse, we have recently joined freedom and have been youtubing for a couple of years. Our channel has just over 2000 subs and approx. 1.6million views. We tend to get around 2000 views a day however we aren't getting many views on our newer video.. any tips on how to divert our traffic towards new videos?

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
Well views can differ across videos, even on new content. This could be due to your subscribers not seeing this content yet, because the video hasn't been indexed on other site or even a simple case of some viewers / subscribers not finding that content enjoyable / catching enough to watch it.

Jonathan

"You don't know me...but you will"
Freedom! Member
Feb 1, 2016
UK
jonathan.carter.games
YouTube
We are The2diverse, we have recently joined freedom and have been youtubing for a couple of years. Our channel has just over 2000 subs and approx. 1.6million views. We tend to get around 2000 views a day however we aren't getting many views on our newer video.. any tips on how to divert our traffic towards new videos?

Well taking a look at your channel, as I suspected, most of that 1.6 million is 1 video, which I wouldn't call the best kinda of content you could make and is probably a video that should be age restricted. I would guess about 1K of those subs are from that video and are probably inactive subs, the rest may have subbed for similar content which you are not making (your views stopped when you stopped with GTA). I also is probably from your long downtime, those subscribers won't see your content unless they have been watching your channel recently. Maybe try to engage with your subs over twitter or something to let them know your back...idk. (anyway its kind of a trend for channels with a viral video to have a low viewership on new content because its not what they want to see).​

Koala_Steamed

Mythic User
Youtube has changed a few things with subscriptions so it might not even be you. Now instead of showing all videos of peoples subscription they may not show new videos if people aren't actively viewing them. Doesn't mean you should give up creating though. Try to find out what made your original videos popular and create more content like that, this is likely what subscribers are more likely to come back to.