Solved Getting copyright clearance

Status
Not open for further replies.

XEKUTER

Rising User
Jun 23, 2017
Jamaica
YouTube
Do u guys usually get clearance from game and product developers like Activision to use their call of Duty images in your YouTube videos to talk about them.

I know game play is allowed to be shared but what about taking their news from twitter and making a video about it and putting it on your own YouTube channel
Example ASTROGaming just put out a new modern warfare remastered headset. If I use their images and making a video of me talking about what I think about them. Will I get copyright strike on YouTube?

I see famous YouTubers do this all the time but these guys know the developers more than I do and they may have gotten the go ahead to use the content. I just want to be clear before I do anything like this.

LW

Community Manager
Administrator
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2016
Vienna, Austria
twitter.com
YouTube
lw_001
Do u guys usually get clearance from game and product developers like Activision to use their call of Duty images in your YouTube videos to talk about them.

I know game play is allowed to be shared but what about taking their news from twitter and making a video about it and putting it on your own YouTube channel
Example ASTROGaming just put out a new modern warfare remastered headset. If I use their images and making a video of me talking about what I think about them. Will I get copyright strike on YouTube?

I see famous YouTubers do this all the time but these guys know the developers more than I do and they may have gotten the go ahead to use the content. I just want to be clear before I do anything like this.
Phew, a Fair Use case. I'm in my zone here.

You are able to use the images and content of something you are showcasing/reviewing, etc. IF:
  • You add enough of your own content to it (Don't make the video just a silent slideshow of amazon images with music :^) )
  • The use of it doesn't devaluate the original content which is less relevant in this case
  • If it contributes to your video (a.k.a it makes the content you put in yourself better, for example visualizing a feature of the headset by showing an image from Amazon showcasing that)

Reactions: XEKUTER
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.