YouTube Freedom's new 24HR service, and is it a good idea?

HealPleaseHeal

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Jan 18, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
YouTube
HealPleaseHeal
Hey guys, so I brought up some comments on the newest video from George online in regards to this new 24HR streaming service Freedom is offering and honestly I'm questioning it.

Here's why:
- You cannot communicate with the content developer Live which is the main appeal of live streaming.
- You are not able to skip videos and are stuck watching something that may not interest you.
- By having X amount of channels doing this same service, where is the appeal for a viewer to search for channels?
- Personally this seems to be a work-around method to upping your watch time on Youtube.
- By not being live, compared to others who are live. Where is the appeal for a viewer to stay with a non-live channel?
- If changes are made to your playlist, you are now waiting for Freedom to update the playlists, which takes how long?

There are some issues in which I brought up in the comments section cause as a viewer, and as a streamer I cannot see the appeal and method to help a channel grow by doing this 24hr streaming service of past content. I don't want to say it's a bad idea, but I have a feeling that it hasn't really been thought through properly. Now, this is all my personal opinions. Some may find this awesome, and are excited to try it. That's fine, please do if it's offered to you. But see it from both sides. If you are a viewer and you go to a channel, see them streaming, which is just a re-run of content that doesn't interest you, would you sub?

OR

Are you more inclined to sub to a channel when you see their trailer, see their personality and a general idea of what that channel is? Remember once you sub the trailer doesn't show up for you anymore. So George's "same trailer" comment doesn't really make sense.

This is just my thoughts. I'd love to hear from you guys.
Thank you.

Last edited:
Reactions: LW