Tips & Tricks Freedom! Partnership - Increasing Revenue Share

Crazylawrence

The Crazy Boi
Freedom! Member
Feb 10, 2016
Lowestoft
LawrenceGilder
When you partner with Freedom!, your earnings are paid to us and we pay you how much your Share is worth. (Revenue Share)

At the very beginning, you are granted a share of 60-40%, which means out of the total money you earned, Freedom! takes 40%, and the rest is yours. Now that sounds negative right? Well not really..
We are incorporated in Hong Kong, which means we do not withhold any tax from your earnings, due to the tax efficient laws, so it balances and you are paid what you earn, but it gets better.

Throughout your time with Freedom!, you can change your Revenue Share, from 60%, all the way to 95%, depending on the size, growth and quality of your channel. This can be done in a quick and simple ticket. If you go to http://freedom2.support.tm/ and sign in with a new account or with social media, you can create a ticket (on the right hand side) and use the type "Revenue Share Increase" to ask for a raise.

Unfortunately not all channels will be accepted for this raise at first chance, but this does not mean your channel is ever ineligible, it just means your channel needs to grow bigger before they give you this increase.

Last edited:

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
Just a quick addition which I was told by one of the members who deal with the support tickets -
"your amount of subscribers, monthly views and your content quality." help to determine if a revenue increase is given.

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
When you partner with Freedom!, your earnings are paid to us and we pay you how much your Share is worth. (Revenue Share)

At the very beginning, you are granted a share of 60-40%, which means out of the total money you earned, Freedom! takes 40%, and the rest is yours. Now that sounds negative right? Well not really..
We are incorporated in Hong Kong, which means we do not withhold any tax from your earnings, due to the tax efficient laws, so it balances and you are paid what you earn, but it gets better.

Throughout your time with Freedom!, you can change your Revenue Share, from 60%, all the way to 95%, depending on the size, growth and quality of your channel. This can be done in a quick and simple ticket. If you go to http://freedom2.support.tm/ and sign in with a new account or with social media, you can create a ticket (on the right hand side) and use the type "Revenue Share Increase" to ask for a raise.

Unfortunately not all channels will be accepted for this raise at first chance, but this does not mean your channel is ever ineligible, it just means your channel needs to grow bigger before they give you this increase.
Great explanation mate! You should get this post pinned so it easier to track back :D

GodsSon

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Nov 28, 2015
U.S.A.
YouTube
ThisIsGodsSon
Two major questions

1. I have at least 10k subscribers. Will I be eligible for an increase?
2. TAXES: will I still need to pay taxes? (lives in USA).

Question #2 has always dawned on me, because Anthony said that you guys don't have to pay taxes. But the thing is, he never answered if I should report the money earned through Freedom on my taxes. If so? what forms should I use to report YouTube earnings?

Best,

- GS

Crazylawrence

The Crazy Boi
Freedom! Member
Feb 10, 2016
Lowestoft
LawrenceGilder
Two major questions

Question #2 has always dawned on me, because Anthony said that you guys don't have to pay taxes. But the thing is, he never answered if I should report the money earned through Freedom on my taxes. If so? what forms should I use to report YouTube earnings?

Best,

- GS

Hey!

1) Personally I think you would be definitely allowed for an increase, however you must submit a ticket at http://www.support.tm/ about it :)
2) I am not too sure on the earners end, however I do know that because Freedom! is based in Hong Kong, so we don't withhold tax, but it would be best to contact our support team :/

GodsSon

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Nov 28, 2015
U.S.A.
YouTube
ThisIsGodsSon
Hey!

1) Personally I think you would be definitely allowed for an increase, however you must submit a ticket at http://www.support.tm/ about it :)
2) I am not too sure on the earners end, however I do know that because Freedom! is based in Hong Kong, so we don't withhold tax, but it would be best to contact our support team :/

THANKS FOR THE REPLY!
I have submitted a ticket (fingers crossed).
I will ask them tax questions once this first ticket is resolved in a timely manner.

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
Two major questions

Best,

- GS
As Lawrence has said above while we believe you should be eligible for an increase we unfortunately don't deal with them so we can not guarentee anything

As for number 2 - Freedom does not withhold any earnings due to taxes though you are responsible for paying taxes on the earnings that you gather from YouTube so yes as far as I am aware you would need to declare this on any forms - I believe in America this would be on your standard IRS form
"If your primary income comes directly from your videos, either via Adsense or through your network, then you are self-employed in the eyes of IRS. If you earned more than $600 this year from your videos, then you should include this on a 1099-Misc.

Reactions: GodsSon

GodsSon

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Nov 28, 2015
U.S.A.
YouTube
ThisIsGodsSon
As Lawrence has said above while we believe you should be eligible for an increase we unfortunately don't deal with them so we can not guarentee anything

As for number 2 - Freedom does not withhold any earnings due to taxes though you are responsible for paying taxes on the earnings that you gather from YouTube so yes as far as I am aware you would need to declare this on any forms - I believe in America this would be on your standard IRS form
"If your primary income comes directly from your videos, either via Adsense or through your network, then you are self-employed in the eyes of IRS. If you earned more than $600 this year from your videos, then you should include this on a 1099-Misc.

Thank you Zeke!
I've made $1k in 2016 alone through Freedom! So I guess I can include this on that form?
Also, I haven't spent money on equipment to write off (maybe just this laptop). But that's about it really.
Hopefully someone at H&R Block or any other tax company could sit me down and guide me through this.

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
Thank you Zeke!
I've made $1k in 2016 alone through Freedom! So I guess I can include this on that form?
Also, I haven't spent money on equipment to write off (maybe just this laptop). But that's about it really.
Hopefully someone at H&R Block or any other tax company could sit me down and guide me through this.
Yes I would believe everything should be included on the form, and as far as I am aware you can ask for an extension on the deadline if you need more time to get the details and information together. As you said you can also write off some of that money through expenses - not only covering equipment but also any money you spend advertising your content / additional promotional material (shirts / ad campaigns that sort of thing)

GodsSon

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Nov 28, 2015
U.S.A.
YouTube
ThisIsGodsSon
Yes I would believe everything should be included on the form, and as far as I am aware you can ask for an extension on the deadline if you need more time to get the details and information together. As you said you can also write off some of that money through expenses - not only covering equipment but also any money you spend advertising your content / additional promotional material (shirts / ad campaigns that sort of thing)

Hey serious, thank you for keeping up with me.

Here's a list of ideas in my mind currently

1. Print out all invoices (Freedom! pays me through Pay Pal) so I will print out statements from this website and Pay Pal
2. Print out any Adsense earnings pages (which everything is set to $0.00 and is stuck at $75.00 beneath the $100.00 threshold)
3. I've done a GoFundMe for a homeless couple and raised at least 1k. I will print that as well
4. From Amazon, print out the invoice for this Mac Book
5. From Amazon (when already done); print out invoice for a new CPU microphone

Other than that? I really haven't bought anything else besides the laptop (and soon, the microphone) for YouTube.
I just want to be an honest American who won't get a visit from 2 men with suits on at my front door claiming to be IRS reps.
If all goes well this year? for next year's tax season? then I am with Freedom for life!.

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
Hey serious, thank you for keeping up with me.

Here's a list of ideas in my mind currently

1. Print out all invoices (Freedom! pays me through Pay Pal) so I will print out statements from this website and Pay Pal
2. Print out any Adsense earnings pages (which everything is set to $0.00 and is stuck at $75.00 beneath the $100.00 threshold)
3. I've done a GoFundMe for a homeless couple and raised at least 1k. I will print that as well
4. From Amazon, print out the invoice for this Mac Book
5. From Amazon (when already done); print out invoice for a new CPU microphone

Other than that? I really haven't bought anything else besides the laptop (and soon, the microphone) for YouTube.
I just want to be an honest American who won't get a visit from 2 men with suits on at my front door claiming to be IRS reps.
If all goes well this year? for next year's tax season? then I am with Freedom for life!.
No need to mention it :) I'm just glad I could help

All that you have outlined above seems like a good idea though I'm sure if you get stuck you should contact IRS just to make sure as I'm not a tax accountant and can't say with 100% certainty what they will / will not accept in terms of proof

Hope it all works out for you, and I wish you all the best for the future

Reactions: GodsSon

GodsSon

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Nov 28, 2015
U.S.A.
YouTube
ThisIsGodsSon
No need to mention it :) I'm just glad I could help

All that you have outlined above seems like a good idea though I'm sure if you get stuck you should contact IRS just to make sure as I'm not a tax accountant and can't say with 100% certainty what they will / will not accept in terms of proof

Hope it all works out for you, and I wish you all the best for the future

Thanks for that. Talk to you soon.