FFF Freedom! Forum Friday (April 7th)

Nerd

Apr 22, 2014
Lithuania
YouTube
ConfusedNerdTV

Hello Freedom! Family!
Nerd is back around with another round up for the week ~!

~~ANNOUNCEMENTS~~

Youtube Community translated videos !

Recently youtube launched a new feature to help you all translate your videos into other languages.
Interested ? Read more about it in thread by @itsjustjord Here !

Change to YouTube Partnership policy.

Just recently YouTube announced the change in their partner program. Only channels with 10k or more lifetime views are eligible to apply for partnerships. What are your thoughts on this, will this help the community ? Let us know !

Announcement by youtube is HERE !

~~MILESTONES~~

Adding up those 0's !

Have you ever thought about how each milestone is just SO much bigger than the other one ?
Adding one 0 to the count is making your goal times and times larger.
And because those 0's are so hard to add, lets congratulate @MrCyanGaming for bringing in the most 0's this week ! He reached 100k views milestone :) His thread is right HERE !

One year old !

This one is for all of you that have stuck around with us, we notice and we love you !
Special thanks to @StormMoreno for being a partner for a whole year, his thread can be found right over here ! And everyone, how long have YOU been with freedom ? I've been here for over 2 years :eek:

Doubling in just 2 months !

Okay, so growing channels is cool. Growing them fast is even cooler !
@Up 'Til Noon have doubled their subscribers count from 5k to 10k in just 2 months! How do you even !? Tell me your secret guys :)
You can congratulate them on their original thread Right Here ~!

So that's it for another week, which do you think was the most deserving of our mentions?
We are also looking to showcase the very best of your contributions to the forums, so if you have a tip, resource, service, milestone or introduction thread that you think should be showcased then please don't hesitate to get in touch!
See you guys later, Passing FFF on to @zeke morgan for the next week !

Nerd

Apr 22, 2014
Lithuania
YouTube
ConfusedNerdTV
The new partnership policy will make tons of issues for Freedom...
TBH, I dont believe so, partners with under 10k views would hardly amount to 10% of the total revenue. 10k views would roughly be $20-60. While that could be a decent amount spread trough out masses of people that we have. In the long term, each person would only get couple of cents a month. Those who get at least few $ a month as revenue would already have over 10k views and those are the people that really make up Major part of the freedoms revenue. While a LARGE part of channels in freedom are small, they do not make a large part of the income.

I myself have over 20k lifetime views, that ammounted only over $100 WITH 95% revenue share. That just shows how really insignificant 10k views is in the long run. I honestly think this change with youtube will benefit community as a whole. Hopefully less people will try to cash in on tv shows, copied videos and song reuploads, all that take away revenue from the rightfull creators.

Small disclaimer, I am not involved in any finances of freedom, or have any official information. This is all my own speculation / calculation.

LW

Community Manager
Administrator
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2016
Vienna, Austria
twitter.com
YouTube
lw_001
TBH, I dont believe so, partners with under 10k views would hardly amount to 10% of the total revenue. 10k views would roughly be $20-60. While that could be a decent amount spread trough out masses of people that we have. In the long term, each person would only get couple of cents a month. Those who get at least few $ a month as revenue would already have over 10k views and those are the people that really make up Major part of the freedoms revenue. While a LARGE part of channels in freedom are small, they do not make a large part of the income.

I myself have over 20k lifetime views, that ammounted only over $100 WITH 95% revenue share. That just shows how really insignificant 10k views is in the long run. I honestly think this change with youtube will benefit community as a whole. Hopefully less people will try to cash in on tv shows, copied videos and song reuploads, all that take away revenue from the rightfull creators.

Small disclaimer, I am not involved in any finances of freedom, or have any official information. This is all my own speculation / calculation.
Well regarding this video:

There's quite many channels earning not much in Freedom! and that money would basically be lost. I don't think it's bad, though I'm also not sure whether this will make advertisers come back again...
also how did you get 95% revshare? I'm kinda jealous lol

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
The new partnership policy will make tons of issues for Freedom...
I am in two minds about this, some people are already saying this will increase the amount of quality videos on YouTube, but I think I shall keep my opinions to myself about this matter, as things might get a bit heated - or I might get rather indecisive, either way not a good sight haaha
hahaha Back in the day I was chosen to get the freedom sponsorship and one of the benefits was 95% rev share for life :)
First of all thanks for the mention right at the end @Nerd , its nice to be reminded that I have to follow such a wonderful FFF :p . And secondly that really was a nice wrap up of the weeks 'going's on'.

Nerd

Apr 22, 2014
Lithuania
YouTube
ConfusedNerdTV
@zeke morgan no problem, I always forget my turn so I thought id poke you xD[DOUBLEPOST=1491603163][/DOUBLEPOST]
Well regarding this video:

There's quite many channels earning not much in Freedom! and that money would basically be lost. I don't think it's bad, though I'm also not sure whether this will make advertisers come back again...
So I've just watched the freedom video you've linked, so to finish up the conversation we had. This is where the logic of mine seems to make sense. If a channel is capable of growing to earn decent money, that would mean it has gotten lots of views, aka gotten past 10k and got into the whole earning money system as well. Up until that point, yes while it would be a bit disheartening to the creator since they would loose the chance to earn the income from those views, but that is still, a very tiny amount lost assuming that their channels keep growing. SO I've just reached the conclusion while writing this... that small channels that have potential to grow, will grow and will still make money. While small channels that do nothing much and only make poor quality content and get 100 views a month, wont make any money, but wont result in any substantial loses for freedom either.

(Pls ignore me if you want. I tend to rant a lot of nonsense when its 1am here xD)

Last edited:

Ashley SilverDust

Community Team
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
Feb 14, 2015
Maine, USA
YouTube
AshleySilver101
how long have YOU been with freedom ? I've been here for over 2 years :eek:
I've been here for 2 years too! Since Feb 2015! :D

@Up 'Til Noon have doubled their subscribers count from 5k to 10k in just 2 months! How do you even !?
They have an awesome channel, truly, it's really cool! I've been subbed for a few months! Well deserved mention! (y) (Y)

Another great FFF @Nerd :cool: