Free editing software | HitFilm 3 Express

Sibernethy

Sep 14, 2015
England
soundcloud.com
YouTube
Sibernethy
hey joao I actually just ended up googling and download a program for free called ts convertor it worked like a charm for my ts files hope that helps...[DOUBLEPOST=1443024468][/DOUBLEPOST]
I went to upload my video and it said I only had the demo mode apparently its not free? it said I could only upload 30 seconds could you or someone help please I just spent hours making a super **** gaming video lol now I need to upload it lol

Exactly the situation I faced, and they add their watermark at the end of the video, which I think is a bit dirty. I found Corel StudioVideo Pro's trial is much friendlier, you get a 30 day trial, and there are no restrictions on the length of your videos.

Reactions: parzival563

joaopneves

The Portuguese
Freedom! Member
Aug 24, 2015
Portugal
YouTube
I'm so so used to Premiere that I can't really have another software and work with the same flow. I want so bad a free software... but I can't find any with the same tools and as easier to use as Premiere. I work with it since 2006, for multiple kinds of videos, and I never learned any other (even knowing that they're actually almost the same).
I Feel HitFilm 3 has every tool I need, but everytime I run it is so so slow compare to Premiere... I know my machine is not a great machine for editing, but... damn it! :(

parzival563

New User
Jul 22, 2015
Iowa
YouTube
Exactly the situation I faced, and they add their watermark at the end of the video, which I think is a bit dirty. I found Corel StudioVideo Pro's trial is much friendlier, you get a 30 day trial, and there are no restrictions on the length of your videos.

And after the trial how much did they say it was I don't mind paying just rather not pay a lot until I actually learn what I'm doing lol

Ookami-kun

Respected User
Freedom! Member
To those of you looking for a free professional video editing software, this is the thing for you! You can do pretty much everything you can do in software like Vegas and AE, although there are obviously going to be something missing.

You can buy inexpensive effect packs for more features, but the standard one is fine. It doesn't change the brightness of the video like I have experienced in Vegas, and it renders/exports maybe a bit quicker as well.

Audio sync is trickier than in other software, and texting is a pain in the ass (I don't think you can have custom fonts, but haven't experimented too much) but apart from these flaws, this is a great piece of software, especially for a free one.
I recall somewhere that you can get HF3 and Vegas to work together for more functionality, but I haven't looked into this.

All in all, give this a try if you don't like your current software. It's free, so what do you have to lose?

joaopneves

The Portuguese
Freedom! Member
Aug 24, 2015
Portugal
YouTube
Well, today I made my very first video on HitFilm 3 Express, following the same "philosophy" I had with other software.
I think it ended pretty well, but I was surprised with the amount of time for rendering. On Adobe Premiere, for instance, I remember I spent about 1 hour for editing and another 6 for rendering (a ~45 minutes video with some cuts and simple audio leveling). This one tooks me about 8 hours for rendering. In the end, I need more ~4 hours to upload it to YouTube, totaling about 11/12 hours for just a video.

Guys, is this normal? I record with my HD PVR some PS3 and/or PS1 games, mainly doing a 720p 30fps videos. Again, I know my computer is old - Q6600 2.4Ghz, 4GB RAM DDR2, GTX 650 1GB DDR5 - but it should be that slow, should it?

BasicsCoding

Freedom! Member
Jul 20, 2015
YouTube
That seems normal as my rendering time with that and After Effects whilst I was trialing it and a 10 minute long video took about 3 - 4 hours, even with 32GB RAM.

Ookami-kun

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Excuse me guys, but I have an old laptop with 8GB of DDR3 RAM, and it takes me an hour on a 10 minute video with a fair share of effects added. RAM have little to do with rendering/exporting times in video editing software, as RAM doesn't process anything what so ever. Depending on the software and settings, it's 85% based on the CPU and GPU speeds.

Personally I find it to go slightly faster on HF3E than with Vegas Pro and AE. Idk, might be because I have an AMD-based computer and it's somewhat optimized for AMD or something, the precise reasons for this, I don't know.

Also depends on what tasks you run in the background, as I already mentioned, video editing is CPU and (hopefully mainly) GPU dependent. So if you play a demanding game on ultra settings while recording in 4K resolution while editing/rendering/exporting video files, expect it to take longer...

joaopneves

The Portuguese
Freedom! Member
Aug 24, 2015
Portugal
YouTube
My rendering times are with no other app running at the same time unless anti-virus and with that hardware I have. I really really really have to upgrade my computer. :(

BasicsCoding

Freedom! Member
Jul 20, 2015
YouTube
Excuse me guys, but I have an old laptop with 8GB of DDR3 RAM, and it takes me an hour on a 10 minute video with a fair share of effects added. RAM have little to do with rendering/exporting times in video editing software, as RAM doesn't process anything what so ever. Depending on the software and settings, it's 85% based on the CPU and GPU speeds.

Personally I find it to go slightly faster on HF3E than with Vegas Pro and AE. Idk, might be because I have an AMD-based computer and it's somewhat optimized for AMD or something, the precise reasons for this, I don't know.

Also depends on what tasks you run in the background, as I already mentioned, video editing is CPU and (hopefully mainly) GPU dependent. So if you play a demanding game on ultra settings while recording in 4K resolution while editing/rendering/exporting video files, expect it to take longer...

but the thing is that I have a TITAN X :/

Ookami-kun

Respected User
Freedom! Member
but the thing is that I have a TITAN X :/

Have you got the newest drivers? :p

Just kidding, I'm sure you do. Not sure why you have so long rendering times with such a beffed up computer... Perhaps the HDDs? Seagate is a low-grade brand, and a slow/dying HDD can affect rendering times a whole lot. And I see you got a 4TB internal HDD... Those get corrupted and fragmented very quickly, and the overall quality of those is very low (The more space on a HDD, the easier problems occur due to a smaller platter size)...

Only thing I can think of. That, or you are running some demanding software in the background, or outdated/glitchy drivers.

My point is, that there is something about your computer that you should check out ASAP, because something either needs fixing or replacing

Reactions: BasicsCoding

GreenManX

Rising User
Nov 17, 2015
Europe
YouTube
While not the best editing software out there, it probably is the best FREE editing program available. I'm talking about HitFilm 3 Express by FXhome. Free to download @ https://hitfilm.com/express

They ask you to share the news to your social media before you download it but you can actually proceed without sharing. Though, I request you do. Spread the love.

(NOT MY VIDEO)

This is amazing! Simple yet capable!

Thank You very much!