Jetlag

Keep it on the level.
Freedom! Member
Oct 24, 2014
Belgium
jetlagfunk.com
YouTube
JetlagFunk
While not the best editing software out there, it probably is the best FREE editing program available. I'm talking about HitFilm 3 Express by FXhome. Free to download @ https://hitfilm.com/express

They ask you to share the news to your social media before you download it but you can actually proceed without sharing. Though, I request you do. Spread the love.

(NOT MY VIDEO)

Danny

SDGCore
Mar 1, 2014
Vancouver
sdgcore.com
YouTube
41Danny1
Hitfilm 3 is great!

It's literally like Adobe Premiere and Adobe After Effects both in one software. You miss a few features from those two but Hitfilm is still a great software, especially considering Express is free!

I think I'll be sticking to Premiere and After Effects just because I'm still paying for Creative Cloud and it has more features. However, to anyone who hasn't paid for Creative Cloud yet, I'd highly recommend checking out Hitfilm 3 first. :)

Reactions: Kan

Jetlag

Keep it on the level.
Freedom! Member
Oct 24, 2014
Belgium
jetlagfunk.com
YouTube
JetlagFunk
My friend introduced me to HitFilm3 and I enjoy using it. However we both have the problem that we don't have any clue on putting in text... Can someone tell me? Thanks. 8D

Easy

https://hitfilm.com/reference-manuals/hitfilm-3-express#text_layers.htm

Last edited:

THENigeliam

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Aug 17, 2015
Philippines
YouTube
While not the best editing software out there, it probably is the best FREE editing program available. I'm talking about HitFilm 3 Express by FXhome. Free to download @ https://hitfilm.com/express

They ask you to share the news to your social media before you download it but you can actually proceed without sharing. Though, I request you do. Spread the love.

(NOT MY VIDEO)

Hey thanks for this! I'm really in need of a free editing software, and getting stuck to Movie Maker isn't really doing me good. I'll be trying HitFilm3 ASAP! Thanks again! You are awesome!

joaopneves

The Portuguese
Freedom! Member
Aug 24, 2015
Portugal
YouTube
Wow...
I'll try this HitFilm 3 Express for sure!
I want a free video editor with this quality since forever! I'm so excited to try this out... I'm having a HUGE problem with my video for tomorrow. It should be online for 11AM tomorrow, but it's not even mounted yet. :(
This has to work!!

parzival563

New User
Jul 22, 2015
Iowa
YouTube
i use my avermedia in pc-freemode to record my footage but I noticed it is saved as a ts file and isn't supported by hitfilm is there some type of program I can download to convert these files over or maybe format my card so it records in the right type of file?

parzival563

New User
Jul 22, 2015
Iowa
YouTube
True...
I use my HD PVR and it saves my files in a ts extension too. No supported by this hitfilm software.
hey joao I actually just ended up googling and download a program for free called ts convertor it worked like a charm for my ts files hope that helps...[DOUBLEPOST=1443024468][/DOUBLEPOST]

(NOT MY VIDEO)
I went to upload my video and it said I only had the demo mode apparently its not free? it said I could only upload 30 seconds could you or someone help please I just spent hours making a super **** gaming video lol now I need to upload it lol

Last edited:

joaopneves

The Portuguese
Freedom! Member
Aug 24, 2015
Portugal
YouTube
hey joao I actually just ended up googling and download a program for free called ts convertor it worked like a charm for my ts files hope that helps...[DOUBLEPOST=1443024468][/DOUBLEPOST]
l

And can you use the converted file into HitFilm 3 Express? And how do you feel about the software?

parzival563

New User
Jul 22, 2015
Iowa
YouTube
And can you use the converted file into HitFilm 3 Express? And how do you feel about the software?
Yes I was able to use them in hitfilm 3 express and I loved hitfilm once I figured out what I was doing but idk if I downloaded it wrong or what but it was only a demo and I could only upload 30 seconds worth of videos which I found out after hours of editing..lol