Other Milestone First creator spotlight article

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
Hello there Freedom family

Today I just wanted to share some great news with you, in that I received my first ever creator spotlight for someone website. While this wasn't a major surprise as we have been collaborating on the article for the past few days It's now just gone live and I have to say that Mark, who runs the website www.gamersedge.org did a fantastic job.

Not only is the article a joy to read but he clearly puts effort into writing and this shows, just have to say I'm so excited and just thought I would share the news with the Freedom family. Mark is always looking for more creators to spotlight so why not drop him a message, or even visit his page to share the love.

I've also quoted the full article below for those of you who wish to read it in full, and have also included a link here in case you wish you visit the article instead -

Mark's article

What make’s good content great? It’s a question I ask myself every day when producing content for my own site. Often I surf the web in search of inspiration for the next big story. Several days ago while trolling through YouTube and Google+, I realized something so basic that I’m almost embarrassed I didn’t realize it sooner. So many avid gamers create such fantastic and useful content that at times I tend to overlook everything. As a community, we consume so much information, from product reviews through tutorials to forums and Reddit posts, all of these wonderful pieces are created by the people who love gaming the most..Us!

So it’s with this concept in mind that I chose to make the focus this month about celebrating all of the great people that make useful content in the gaming community. Enter Zeke Morgan, YouTube content connoisseur. Zeke ‘s YouTube channel has been pumping out content since the Fall of 2015, now well in excess of over 300 videos ranging from reviews to walkthroughs. Spend enough time on Zeke’s channel and something obvious will jump out at you right away. The videos all have soul. You can tell Zeke is passionate about gaming which in turn lends him some credibility and authority. Nowadays this is a major commodity in the age of clickbait that we live in.

Zeke began making videos at the suggestion of one of his friends. Zeke always spent time analyzing, discussing, and debating the facts behind games so it was an organic, logical transition for him to channel this hobby into a “Nothing but Gaming” information hub. Over two years of experience has allowed Zeke to refine his craft and while he appreciates all genres, Zeke’s subconscious focus has been on RPGs, survival horror, and FPSs because those are the types of games he loves the most.

With over 300 videos in two years, it should come as no surprise that Zeke has become a master of multitasking. Zeke tends to work on multiple projects at the same time, but don’t let that fool you regarding the quality of work he produces. Zeke applies a very sensible approach and mantra to each of his videos. “My main goal when I create a video is that it should be simple, easy to understand or follow, and that hopefully my enjoyment for the game shows through the video” Zeke went on to further explain “My hope is that someone views it, finds it helpful, and maybe entices them to look at or play a game they might not have considered before”. It’s this fundamental, selfless goal that ultimately separates Zeke’s videos from the clickbait garbage of the web.

Zeke has five older brothers which means he has plenty of sounding boards to bounce ideas off of right in the vicinity of his own home. Anyone who has lived in a family with multiple older or younger siblings will tell you this has a natural grounding effect, especially when you are the youngest sibling. When you watch Zeke’s videos, you get the sense that his entire approach is grounded, thus ensuring that the advice or tips you are being given comes straight from the heart. Passion is the heart and soul for whatever you do. For Zeke Morgan, his passion is all about creating informational videos that help gamers make sense of the gaming world. We at Gamer’s Edge applaud Zeke’s efforts and hope that our readers head on over to Zeke’s YouTube channel and enjoy all of the great content he has to offer. We have included a sample of his work below. Thank you to Zeke for all of the time and Energy you put back into the community.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2017-08-11 at 09.10.06.png
    Screenshot 2017-08-11 at 09.10.06.png
    305.6 KB · Views: 0
Reactions: Koala_Steamed

LuckyGamingsHD

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jun 9, 2016
YouTube
Damn, that's awesome Zeke.
Keep up the awesome work bud, good luck with you more and your channel.
God bless!

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
Well done!
Why thank you
Wow that's awesome and well deserved :)
I thought it was pretty awesome as well, and Mark did a great job on writing the article so he definitely deserves the credit on this one
Nice!

Also two years and 300 videos is a lot
Yep it is, thinking about how much I've grown during that time is crazy. I still have plenty of videos ready to go so I'm not planning on stopping anytime soon