Favorite composers?

SparktheYoshi

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Dec 27, 2016
Nevada
gitlab.com
YouTube
Who are your favorite video game composers? Any you have that you like in particular?
My two favorites are Koji Kondo and Yoko Shimomura. I always loved Koji for his amazing Zelda music (despite that past Majora's Mask, he only supervises composers now) and I always thought Yoko composed really catchy stuff, especially for Kingdom Hearts and Mario & Luigi.

But my favorite indie composers are Danny Baranowsky and Christopher Larkin. Danny got put on the map for his work with the original The Binding of Isaac but really shines on Crypt of the NecroDancer. Hollow Knight got a lot of praise for it's artstyle but half of that praise is also owed to Larkin as the music he composes for Hollow Knight is so versatile...he can compose something beautiful with a hint of sadness to something or even compose an orchestral and menacing boss theme for the bosses in the game.

IvyPlayGamez

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Mar 31, 2016
Somewhere in Europe
YouTube
IvyMitsuno
Sorry to sound like a nerd but Nobuo Uematsu, he left SquareeEnix....but the ones after him like Takeharu Ishimoto and Yoko Shimomura are doing a terrific job :)
I hope yoko stays tho, she makes music that makes me cry xD

Danny

SDGCore
Mar 1, 2014
Vancouver
sdgcore.com
YouTube
41Danny1
Hans Zimmer!

Not only does he compose scores for my favourite movies, but he also did the scores for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, which is a game I hold in a special place. I've had so many fond memories associated with that game.