Experience in Branding - I can tell you if your branding works and what to do if not!

YangyProductions

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jan 11, 2015
Scotland
YouTube
YangyYoung
HELLO! PEOPLE
Hows it going? Good, good.
Anyway, I'm offering everyone my opinion on their branding so feel free to reply to this thread to see what to do or link one that you created. Be sure to tell me a bit about your channel so I can tell if everything else matches it.
If you see any that by any chance I missed, feel free to reply yourself of point it out to me again if I miss you! I intend to reply to everyone!

- Yangy, The Home of Scottish Gaming on YouTube

YangyProductions

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jan 11, 2015
Scotland
YouTube
YangyYoung
Hello YangyProductions,

Its good thanks, Hope you are well! Please can I have your opinion on my branding? The channel is mainly gaming at the moment with other tech related videos scheduled as well this mainly being the 3D printer videos that I am making.

https://www.youtube.com/user/nath042
Colours are good
Creeper face looks a little off, it may be the design but if it isn't, I suggest getting a watermark of one and pasting it in.
Things match well
Try putting social media on the banner
Thumbnails don't match
Try a caption on your banner
Create a "Best of" playlist
Add a little more to your about tab

I hope this was helpful, but all in all, your channel is great! Keep up the good work!

Reactions: KingAlex Gaming

BlueBard

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Oct 8, 2014
YouTube
Hey Yangy! I'm doing real good ^^ How about you?

I'd love to hear what you think about my channel, I know I haven't been extremely active :\ but I am working to fix that ^^ The channel focuses on Mythology and anything related to folklore, legends, fables and so on. I recently started fairy tale readings but mainly I focus on the Mythoscope show.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8aGmgozWx1JDrpQrS68zsw

Thanks for taking the time to do this, and have an awesome day :D

YangyProductions

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jan 11, 2015
Scotland
YouTube
YangyYoung
Im Doing Great :)
I'd Love You To Give Your Opinion On My Branding :)

Channel: - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2vMIfg5GIA_GOoeT8E9j8A?&ab_channel=KingAlexGaming
King name matches your logo, but the banner is completely irrelevant to the rest of your channel
You're using Heartbeat's channel background - cool
Thumbnails are bright and cool but have a very common design.
Good set of social media
Nice about tab, business email address is there but try and make an email address solely for business reasons.

All in all your channel is good :D[DOUBLEPOST=1442245697][/DOUBLEPOST]
Hey Yangy! I'm doing real good ^^ How about you?

I'd love to hear what you think about my channel, I know I haven't been extremely active :\ but I am working to fix that ^^ The channel focuses on Mythology and anything related to folklore, legends, fables and so on. I recently started fairy tale readings but mainly I focus on the Mythoscope show.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8aGmgozWx1JDrpQrS68zsw

Thanks for taking the time to do this, and have an awesome day :D

Thanks

For a start, great style of content. This is really rare, your speech works well with it too!
You addressed yourself as "The Blue Bard" but also as Mythoscope, I don't know if you plan to have more people on the channel but try stick to one name.
Thumbnails match the banner
Try throwing your avatar from your icon on your banner and maybe the thumbnails too.
Move the Email from your about tab to the business enquiries email widget below.
About tab is good
No social media but I don't know why you would need it.

I say your channel is great and good luck in the future!

Herro Yangy im fine how are you today
I would love to hear about what you think about my channel. I do gaming content (mc and some strategy) and some non-gaming content (my own thing and kinda rare on youtube)
https://www.youtube.com/user/riganthor

Hello there!
Try putting your custom avatar on your banner.
Some videos are missing thumbnails, if you are pressed for time, set a day to make one or two thumbnails and use them throughout the series.
Work on your video titles, make sure to have the correct grammar and capitalisation. People are more likely to click on professional looking titles too.
Do the same with playlists and your about tab
Try getting a custom business Email if that isn't one!

All-in-all your channel is fantastic and keep up the good work!

Last edited:

BlueBard

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Oct 8, 2014
YouTube
Yay! Thanks Yang ^^ I'll get right on that :) My name is Blue Bard (the host) and my channel is Mythoscope (the show), but I'll make sure to make this very clear on the page :) Thanks again!

KingAlex Gaming

Freedom! Member
Aug 15, 2015
California
YouTube
Thanks For The Feedback, That Email is Solely for Buisnees reasons I dont use it for anything else Btw. Also for the thumbnails by common I should make unique thumbnails or are they ok

Phil Kidd

Human Person
Freedom! Member
Dec 10, 2014
Ottawa
YouTube
HELLO! PEOPLE
Hows it going? Good, good.
Anyway, I'm offering everyone my opinion on their branding so feel free to reply to this thread to see what to do or link one that you created. Be sure to tell me a bit about your channel so I can tell if everything else matches it.
If you see any that by any chance I missed, feel free to reply yourself of point it out to me again if I miss you! I intend to reply to everyone!

- Yangy, The Home of Scottish Gaming on YouTube
I wouldn't mind a quick review! I know that I need a business email...I'll get to it eventually.

YangyProductions

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jan 11, 2015
Scotland
YouTube
YangyYoung
My channel: www.youtube.com/aaroninthebox > Minecraft is my main game for the time being! Ignore the fact there hasn't been a video in ages, I've been focusing on my network :)
Banner: Nice, I like the Borderlands-esque look, I guess the panda is your MC skin by the icon. Things are shown on it, nice subscribe achievement, a cool addition.
Icon: Looks fine, but a lot of people have one with that design, so maybe change it up a little.
Thumbnails: They look nice but you have no branding on them/
Playlists: You have a playlist of the songs you listen to, that helps your audience relate to you.
About tab: Fine, but 'YouTuber' has a capital T
I wouldn't mind a quick review! I know that I need a business email...I'll get to it eventually.

Banner: Nice, unique and I like your caption.
Icon: I have no idea what is going on there but I love it.
You kinda have the art that doesn't really need to match up, by the way.
Thumbnails: They look pretty good but don't exactly pop, I think that they work though.
About tab: Looks fine to me, short and to-the-point, you mentioned the business email so that is fine :)

Both of your channels are great!

YangyProductions

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jan 11, 2015
Scotland
YouTube
YangyYoung
I would love to know what you guys like about my channel and how i should improve so just click on the link below , all feedback is greatly appreciated!

Also if it helps, I post unique content other than most small YouTubers that post minecraft content

Link - https://www.youtube.com/user/SplurgeGames

Hello Splurge,
Banner: Looks decent, the diagonal lines with pics are quite common and you lack your social media details on it.
Icon: Looks fine, nothing too much which is good, maybe try to somehow incorporate it into your banner and thumbnails.
Thumbnails: Some videos are missing them, so try to make quick ones for those videos. The stock images taking up the whole Minecraft ones could be changed around a bit to look more unique, but if you made that pic, grats, that looks great!
About tab: There is enough stuff there, so nothing really needed apart from a business email.
Misc: Your video (Minecraft with shaders) has a facecam but it is out of sync, try to work on your synchronisation because it can be distracting. Also some of your old videos had a great welcoming but you've stopped doing that. Whether your voice can't do it anymore or you have just grown tired of it, I enjoyed it because it was something unique to you. (As far as I am concerned)

Banner: Explosions! Glass! Fancy text! Colours that work well! I like it but it does look a little like a template, if it isn't, well done!
Icon: If you made that manga character, congratulations because that looks cool! If not, I recommend that you change your logo because it can bring up copyright stuff if you start to do really well. If you made him throw him on your banner and more of your thumbnails just for a bit of uniformity.
Thumbnails: They look fine, I like the border/bottom part of the Fan Tuesday one, try to add that to every thumbnail so they match well.
Playlists: More of them. Not much else to say, really :D
About tab: Fine, you've got specs and a bit about you. Business email is there but it doesn't seem like it would match the channel, maybe create a new email for that ;)
Misc: Don't bother putting HD in your video titles, it doesn't look great.

If either of you have any questions, feel free to reply!

Reactions: Rejand

YangyProductions

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jan 11, 2015
Scotland
YouTube
YangyYoung
Hey man i could use some feedback on my channel. Maybe some tips to grow activity. I know my playlists need work and i need a channel trailer. http://www.youtube.com/vrage87
Art:
Wow! Your art is really original and like nothing I've seen before, the banner and icon match so there is nothing to say there, they look really cool too!
Thumbnails:
The thumbnails look good but they don't really match your branding. Some are also of high detail and some are just a basic picture with some text. Try to make them all of the same style and maybe add your Death or something from your channel art.
To note, some thumbnails have distorted images and it does drive me away from those videos
About tab:
You claim your name is "MakePeaceNotWar" but I see XGN AngelofDeath, change one so they are the same name
Make a new email for business inquiries
Featured channels:
Turn off your shared subscriptions because they can drive people away, for whatever reason, I don't know but I have noticed myself doing it. (Another sin is you're not subbed to me :eek: Nah, kidding)
Playlists:
Your playlists are fine, to be honest, there is enough
Video notes:
Intro looks good, never seen anything like it
Gameplay on your most recent video at the time of posting this is in a weird ratio and bits are cut off, you want to record in a 16:9 ratio, that is the one supported best by YouTube and across most monitors
Descriptions need a little bit of working, maybe add a little to do with your channel and make sure the grammar is good.
There is a very faint background noise, try using a noise remover to fix that. If you already are, don't worry about it because it isn't too much
Endcard looks a bit off because of a few reasons;
  • Twitter/Twitch logos are a bit cut off
  • Grammar on "Click the tv if you dare" should be "Click the TV if you dare"
  • ^ The text should be centre aligned
  • Your logo is cut off at the top of it

I like your channel, it is really good! Just follow these steps and you should start to grow really well!