Eurovision 2017 - Who did you like?

Jonathan

"You don't know me...but you will"
Freedom! Member
Feb 1, 2016
UK
jonathan.carter.games
YouTube
Just felt like making a thread about Eurovison. I watch it every year just fun & the comments the UK's commentator always makes (forgot his name :( ). Who do you think should have won it? Personally I would have liked Moldova to get it just for the saxophone. But I must admit this year there were lots of good songs and a lot less ballards than normal, which does make a nice change. Below are all the ones I liked if you're interested:
Israel (Played 1st)
Belarus (Played 3rd)
Armenia (Played 5th)
The Netherlands (Played 6th)
Moldova (Played 7th)
Italy (Played 9th)
Azerbaijan (Played 12th)
Greece (Played 15th)
Spain (Played 16th)
Norway (Played 17th)
The UK (Played 18th)
Cyprus (Played 19th)
Ukraine (Played 22nd)
Sweden (Played 24th)
I want to here what others though of it and whether you might consider watching it next year if there were less ballard style songs. (which I personally don't like).​

hipotato

New User
Freedom! Member
May 14, 2017
United Kingdom
YouTube
A lot of people who I know wanted The Netherlands to win. I think I only watched Eurovision once or twice and I didn't really like the songs they used.

Jonathan

"You don't know me...but you will"
Freedom! Member
Feb 1, 2016
UK
jonathan.carter.games
YouTube
A lot of people who I know wanted The Netherlands to win. I think I only watched Eurovision once or twice and I didn't really like the songs they used.

Yea I didn't really start watching it until recently as before they were all just solo Ballard style songs really. This year had a lot more variety though, it was a lot more fun to watch too.
Portugal was the only right choice for winning 90% of the rest is the same boring electro-pop s*** you hear every day

Well considering a few years ago it would be just songs like what Portugal did. Its nice to have the variety. There was rock, jazz & solo's. Only like 3 songs tops were really "electro-pop" in my opinion. All the ones I heard I'd never heard before then and they were all rather different in style to what I'm used to so I don't really agree with that. As for Portugal winning, I don't mind, but it would be nice to see the trend of solo's singers winning go away for a year. Like the last 4 years now have been solo singers, its kinda dull for me.
I would usually vote Ireland being from the UK but my strategic vote wasn't possible, sad times.

Yea, its sad that Ireland didn't get through this time. personally I don't vote tactically, I just vote for what I enjoyed the most. The chances of the UK winning are rather limited until they put in a strong group.​