HealPleaseHeal

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Jan 18, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
YouTube
HealPleaseHeal
Hey guys, so I have an Elgato card in which I'm using right now for in my computer, but seem to have an issue with it.

When ever I want to live stream something, I can get the audio from the Elgato card to capture and OBS catches it but for some reason I cannot get the audio to my headset. The audience viewing the stream can hear me, and the game. But on my side I cannot hear the game at all. I've spend a half an hour trying to figure it out but for some reason I just can't get it to shoot to my headset. And the output for where I want the sound to go, is set to my headset, so I'm a little bit stumped.

Does anyone else have an Elgato card who may be suffering, or have suffered with this?
let me know.

Any help is appreciated.
Light Healing.png

SparktheYoshi

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Dec 27, 2016
Nevada
gitlab.com
YouTube
I'm not sure if you figured it out yet but here are some pointers of how to get it working properly, so I might suggest reading my post anyway! :)

In the Properties for your Elgato capture device in OBS, make sure to set Audio Output Mode to Output Desktop Audio (either waveout or directsound)? DirectSound may be better of a choice as it's built to ensure as much compatibility with drivers and devices as possible. It should work as long as as your headphones devices setup properly with OBS and keep mind the volume is dictated by the volume for OBS in Windows/Mac/etc's native mixer.

Also, I may suggest checking this out if you want another option but be warned it can come out a bit loud without mixer editing (whether with OBS' builtin mixer or a dedicated one):

Epos also provides some really great and in depth OBS tutorials, so I'd recommend checking him out even if you are an experienced/power user, you might learn a new trick or two.