DXtory Recorded Vids use 100% CPU When played back.

ITW Games

Freedom! Member
Nov 12, 2015
Midwest USA
YouTube
ScottWood2569
Hey does anyone else use DXtory to Record gameplay. I've been using it for a while and suddenly now I play back the vids and they max out my CPU usage. In game everything seems to be working fine. Recording Fallout: New Vegas in 1920 x 1080 at 60 FPS. No lag no slowdown in game. But when I go to to play them back My CPU usage shoots to 99%. Not sure what to do. Any Tips?

horrorkesh

Rising User
May 28, 2015
YouTube
horrorkesh
sorry, never used it, since i started my channel i have used obs
what encoding does dxtory do?, does the footage look smooth or is it choppy?, what are you using to watch the completed video?

ITW Games

Freedom! Member
Nov 12, 2015
Midwest USA
YouTube
ScottWood2569
when it will play it looks smooth. But just playing the videos takes 100% CPU and makes it lag and act all choppy. Thought maybe it was just my default player so I played the same video in Media player Classic, VLC player and Windows Media Player and all had the same result. When the Video started playing CPU usage shot up to 100%. I turned my DXtory settings down to record at 720p and it seems to work better now. I really wanted to record in 1080 tho.

Mr ExNavy

New User
Jan 23, 2016
United States
I tried Dxtory and OBS both but it is not very good for recording or streaming. The best I have found is Gamecaster from Xsplit. Xslpit is also what youtube recommends.