Solved Does everyone have this option?

Status
Not open for further replies.

2e522d44

Nov 22, 2017
Everyone have this option or just me?

Also is asset info and id same as content id?

LW

Community Manager
Administrator
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2016
Vienna, Austria
twitter.com
YouTube
lw_001
No idea about Review and Block, neither would I know why you'd need it and couldn't use "Block in all countries" to achieve the same result. I'll ask someone.

Assets are a CMS thing related to content ID. Any channel with active Monetisation can add them to own videos and assets are also created at Content ID claims.

There's no real need for you to enter these in 99.999999999999...% of cases as if something gets claimed it's created anyways. Read more about it at https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/3011552?hl=en (This is the CID background of it mostly but it does explain what assets are).

Upvote 0

2e522d44

Nov 22, 2017
Review and block is if you obviously want to allow some and block others..

But you say its related to Content ID.. Whats the difference?

And i dont get what you mean here "There's no real need for you to enter these in 99.999999999999...%" what are you talking about when you say "these"?

Upvote 0

LW

Community Manager
Administrator
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2016
Vienna, Austria
twitter.com
YouTube
lw_001
Upvote 0

RyanSellers

Freedom! Celebrity
Verified Freedom! Partner
Freedom! Member
Dec 6, 2014
Provo, UT, USA
www.ryansellers.co
YouTube
You aren't the only one with it. I have it as well.
Beginning of last year I had a "Deconstruct" option, but I didn't mess with it. I got picked to be part of a beta-test YouTube was doing. None of my friends had a Deconstruct button.

Reactions: 2e522d44
Upvote 0

2e522d44

Nov 22, 2017
Well then why ask

I didnt ask.. Never said "what does review and block mean". Asked if everyone has this

Assets.

And what do you mean "There's no real need for you to enter these(assets) in 99.999999999999...%"

The difference is that you have access to Assets and don't have access to CID. CID Partners can use Assets to search for their content being used.

I mean cant you use assets to do the same thing? Thats why i ask whtas the difference/A Thats the whole point of having a asset id to find the content right?

Upvote 0

LW

Community Manager
Administrator
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2016
Vienna, Austria
twitter.com
YouTube
lw_001
And what do you mean "There's no real need for you to enter these(assets) in 99.999999999999...%"

The difference is that you have access to Assets and don't have access to CID. CID Partners can use Assets to search for their content being used.

I mean cant you use assets to do the same thing? Thats why i ask whtas the difference/A Thats the whole point of having a asset id to find the content right?
Just to get rid of any confusions here, I've mostly replaced consecutive uses of the word "Assets" with appropriate demonstrative pronouns such as "them".

There's no need for you to enter them manually, Content ID will fill them in if it finds the content anyways. Let's take an example:

I use the song "Living Next Door to Alice" in my video. This song will get my video taken down or muted. If I add Asset information I'll get the same result. CID will pick up on it and take it down or mute it the exact same way. All you're doing in the end is wasting time on what's automated mostly anyways, so why bother with them?

From all I was getting from research is that you just don't really need to use Assets for anything unless you're in some rare contract that requires you to use them. They don't give you any SEO advantages and filling them in will most likely just be a waste of time for nothing.

Upvote 0

2e522d44

Nov 22, 2017
Just to get rid of any confusions here, I've mostly replaced consecutive uses of the word "Assets" with appropriate demonstrative pronouns such as "them".

There's no need for you to enter them manually, Content ID will fill them in if it finds the content anyways. Let's take an example:

I use the song "Living Next Door to Alice" in my video. This song will get my video taken down or muted. If I add Asset information I'll get the same result. CID will pick up on it and take it down or mute it the exact same way. All you're doing in the end is wasting time on what's automated mostly anyways, so why bother with them?

From all I was getting from research is that you just don't really need to use Assets for anything unless you're in some rare contract that requires you to use them. They don't give you any SEO advantages and filling them in will most likely just be a waste of time for nothing.

Yea i know content ID does but what about asset's? You said no reason to enter assets 99.9999% o time? Im not sure what you mean. I dont really do that anyway?

Upvote 0

Hyderpony

Community Team
Community Team!
Verified Freedom! Partner
Freedom! Member
May 19, 2017
London
YouTube
GallopCrush1983
You aren't the only one with it. I have it as well.
Beginning of last year I had a "Deconstruct" option, but I didn't mess with it. I got picked to be part of a beta-test YouTube was doing. None of my friends had a Deconstruct button.

I got that too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 2e522d44
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.