Does any here use Reddit?

Creative Myth

Respected User
Nov 5, 2016
YouTube
CreativeMyth
I just started using Reddit last week, and I don't really know how to use it. I understand the basics but I don't understand subreddits and how to post to subreddits, how do people see my post etc. I LOOKS TOO CONFUSING!

Koala_Steamed

Mythic User
It takes quite a bit to get used to, as it's very different to forums. Also it can be quite harsh if you don't follow the rules so make sure you read them or you will probably get banned the first post you make. I'd suggest not to post any of your own links or text posts in a subreddit until at least 1 week or reading and responding to others posts. Also treat every subreddit as a completely different thing, they will have different rules and moderators.

Which subreddit are you trying to post to?

Reactions: Creative Myth

BigTinyTimTim

Rising User
Jan 26, 2017
YouTube
BigTinyTimTim
It's archaic design is on purpose just for that reason. It weeds out people that might spam the site (though it doesn't weed EVERYTHING out.) Once you get use'd to the layout, Reddit is a very informative site, full of current events, news, games, funny stuff, and all sorts of things. You can even customize your Front Page to show subreddits that you really enjoy. (Ex. I'm subbed to /r/Halo, /r/MassEffect, /r/drums...) and it will show you everything from those subreddits.

I even have my own subreddit where I post my new videos and news for charity events! /r/BigTinyTimTim

RyanSellers

Freedom! Celebrity
Verified Freedom! Partner
Freedom! Member
Dec 6, 2014
Provo, UT, USA
www.ryansellers.co
YouTube
Reddit is confusing, but a super powerful platform that makes content and drama and such go viral. Even if it's something stupid. Haha.
I don't know much about it, but there is a lot of hate on there and that can lead to a YouTube video getting a lot of hate comments, but some good too depending on the type of person they are.