D

Deleted member 17740

I watch TV is you count using an amazon firestick on it watching TV.. lol

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
I have a TV though I don't watch TV - mainly I wait till things I want to watch come out on DVD and catch them then. To be honest the amount you pay for a TV licence I find that there isn't anything exciting to watch half of the time

Star The Artoonist

Rising User
Dec 13, 2016
YouTube
StarAdvice_
Not anymore really, I'm too busy
Writing out scripts,
Editing my videos,

AND
Figuring out ideas for my channel,
And procrastinating on those 3 things by
Posting messages on here
AND
Falling down the rabbit hole of watching other big youtubers.

Koala_Steamed

Mythic User
I went almost a year without a TV, relying mostly on Netflix and youtube. I do think it is still more relaxing as you can turn it on and not have to choose what to watch. Usually I will just have it on as background while I eat dinner or use my phone.

Looks like the market is going a lot more towards subscription based rather than TV, so it will be interesting what things look like in 5 years time.

iPIxelDot

Freedom! Member
I cut the cord about 4 years ago but still watch streaming apps such as Hulu and Netflix. Became excited when CW decided to put their shows on their app and allow you to watch for free. :)

As for watching cable. I still don't even though I have the basic set up to my TV. *shrugs*

Kratos Aurion

You Earnestly believe you could defeat me?
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
Phoenix, Arizona
YouTube
Only time I really watch TV these days is whenever I'm watching one of my favorite sports teams. Other than that I basically don't watch anything anymore.

Creative Myth

Respected User
Nov 5, 2016
YouTube
CreativeMyth
I still watch tv, there are a lot of great shows on tv. (people who say there aren't don't even search) Good movies are on tv, a lot more variety of content than subscription based media. It may cost a lot more than Netflix, hulu and other subscriptions but it is totally worth it.

ZuChainz

New User
Dec 27, 2016
YouTube
swolegod3hunna
I feel as though the times have changed and continue to change. With the presence of Netflix and multiple online streaming services its become too easy just to click and few things and watch it on your computer rather than waiting for a certain time period for the show to comes on your tv. An instant gratification kind of thing is what is killing TV and making streaming services more desirable. Does anyone agree or disagree?

Creative Myth

Respected User
Nov 5, 2016
YouTube
CreativeMyth
I feel as though the times have changed and continue to change. With the presence of Netflix and multiple online streaming services its become too easy just to click and few things and watch it on your computer rather than waiting for a certain time period for the show to comes on your tv. An instant gratification kind of thing is what is killing TV and making streaming services more desirable. Does anyone agree or disagree?
You have to first wait a year for Netflix and other subscription services to get a new show or season. I believe Hulu get new shows and episodes the fastest but it still takes about a week. I got less wait time than those rely on online streaming and subscription services.

Reactions: ZuChainz

life of a jeeper

Rising User
Jan 6, 2017
YouTube
I have a tv but I use it for blue ray or dvd or video games only. I have not ever paid to watch tv. Heck I don't even have an antenna on it! For the most part I watch YouTube on my laptop. It is funny because people I work with talk about this show or that and ask if I seen them and I say I never heard of it and they look at me like I am an alien from outer space or something LOL

Shadlynx

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Dec 18, 2016
No, its all about the YouTube vids nowadays.

Last edited:

ItsKapow

Community Team
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Australia
YouTube
Unfortunately I don't watch TV. Here in Australia some channels still broadcast in standard definition 576i and some of the reality shows are repetitive.

I usually watch Netflix these days :3

life of a jeeper

Rising User
Jan 6, 2017
YouTube
It is amazing that normal TV has pretty much gone out the window! Sounds like most people do YouTube/Netflix and such. Technology changes so fast makes you wonder what the future of society is going to be like.