Resources Do you know any free professional video editing software?

OnlyUltimate

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Mar 6, 2016
London
www.youtube.com
YouTube
OnlyUltimateYT
What the title says, and I know that wanting this type of software for free sounds very stingy but I don't want to spend hundreds of pounds as I don't have that money to spend on software (I don't even have a gaming PC or a good microphone)

aJay

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Mar 31, 2016
YouTube
ajayishappy
I used Hitfilm for a while, really good and also free, but went back to Sony Vegas because it keeps crashing on my PC. It's still free though, also very powerful.

Sam4jedi

Freedom! Member
Feb 18, 2015
YouTube
I used Hitfilm for a while, really good and also free, but went back to Sony Vegas because it keeps crashing on my PC. It's still free though, also very powerful.
Why would you spend $1000 on an editing program when you have 50 subs when you could use one almost as good for free

even if it does crash once in a while

aJay

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Mar 31, 2016
YouTube
ajayishappy
Why would you spend $1000 on an editing program when you have 50 subs when you could use one almost as good for free

even if it does crash once in a while
Hitfilm 3 Express is the one I was talking about, and it's free. Do your research before replying.

RictAcius

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Dec 13, 2014
YouTube
I started off with VideoPad ->http://www.nchsoftware.com/videopad/index.html
It is the best free video editor in my opinion, and has many of the vfx paid editors have to offer.
The only problem is that you need to be good with vfx to use it, unlike professional paid software it is not made in plain English, so you have to manipulate the effects to create what you want.

VirtuallyBoris

Rising User
Mar 26, 2016
YouTube
I started off with VideoPad ->http://www.nchsoftware.com/videopad/index.html
It is the best free video editor in my opinion, and has many of the vfx paid editors have to offer.
The only problem is that you need to be good with vfx to use it, unlike professional paid software it is not made in plain English, so you have to manipulate the effects to create what you want.
I use videopad!

Ear Infection

Rising User
Apr 16, 2016
YouTube
What the title says, and I know that wanting this type of software for free sounds very stingy but I don't want to spend hundreds of pounds as I don't have that money to spend on software (I don't even have a gaming PC or a good microphone)
I would say if you have windows get Windows Movie Maker which is in Windows Live Essentials and is free, or if you want a more proffesional editing program (which is what I use) is get a trial on sony vegas 12 or 13,

This Is Ethan

Respected User
Freedom! Member
May 7, 2015
YouTube
I'm pretty sure Lightworks is a good editing system... I think you get a really good editing system, and it's free! You should look in to it :)

Lauren Smith

Freedom! Member
Feb 1, 2016
YouTube
I used videopad and i thought it was great! You used to be able to copy and paste the codes online to keep the software forever but I updated mine because it began to take 5 hours to export a 3 min video so now the codes dont work... but thanks @harryplayz I had a think about whether reinstalling it would work but I was too dumb to try it XD thanks for confirming that it works :)

Sam4jedi

Freedom! Member
Feb 18, 2015
YouTube
Hitfilm 3 Express is the one I was talking about, and it's free. Do your research before replying.
"Do your research before replying."
I did :)

"I used Hitfilm for a while, really good and also free, but went back to Sony Vegas"
"BUT WENT BACK TO SONY VEGAS"

This quote means that you obviously have sony vegas.
You could have bought it, but you probabaly pirated it, which by the way is illegal

roasted