DO NOT POST VIDEOS HERE

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
[Yes, I am aware this is not exactly where this should be, but it is where it would have the greatest effect]

This is NOT a place for you to plug your channel. Advertising your videos in this section of the forums or ANY OTHER than those listed in the rules is a violation of forum policy. Not a good thing to do if you're trying to stay on the forums for whatever potentially legitimate advertising purpose you'd have.

It's fine to do it, but do it in the appropriate sections.
https://freedom.community.tm/threads/rules.55575/

Of course, I post this only after having to report a solid 4 or 5 posts on the first page alone that were advertising horrid gaming content. We are here, in this section, to discuss, not watch.

Stretch AdventureKS

That Skeleton!
Freedom! Member
Sep 4, 2014
YouTube
Sometimes it is better to be blunt and prevent rather than remove when preventing failed.

There needs to be order, some harsh punishments for new people. If they do not read the rules first, than it should be kaput for them, no discussion. It's like reading a contract for something without signing, it really puts you on a bad spot[DOUBLEPOST=1448051882][/DOUBLEPOST]
There needs to be order, some harsh punishments for new people. If they do not read the rules first, than it should be kaput for them, no discussion. It's like reading a contract for something without signing, it really puts you on a bad spot

*Signing without reading* but you get the point xD

Last edited:
Reactions: Nolan Westmore

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
There needs to be order, some harsh punishments for new people. If they do not read the rules first, than it should be kaput for them, no discussion. It's like reading a contract for something without signing, it really puts you on a bad spot[DOUBLEPOST=1448051882][/DOUBLEPOST]

*Signing without reading* but you get the point xD
I guess some people are desperate for that "YouTube attention", that many of us crave. But the only way to get there is legitimately, which is another reason why I promote individual autonomy of small channels.

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
[Yes, I am aware this is not exactly where this should be, but it is where it would have the greatest effect]

This is NOT a place for you to plug your channel. Advertising your videos in this section of the forums or ANY OTHER than those listed in the rules is a violation of forum policy. Not a good thing to do if you're trying to stay on the forums for whatever potentially legitimate advertising purpose you'd have.

It's fine to do it, but do it in the appropriate sections.
https://freedom.community.tm/threads/rules.55575/

Of course, I post this only after having to report a solid 4 or 5 posts on the first page alone that were advertising horrid gaming content. We are here, in this section, to discuss, not watch.
Welcome to the reporting club.
Those people are only here for advertising and nothing else. I have seen many post a vid in the introduction, general discussion. Everywhere where it shouldn't belong....
Quite annoying actually....

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
Welcome to the reporting club.
Those people are only here for advertising and nothing else. I have seen many post a vid in the introduction, general discussion. Everywhere where it shouldn't belong....
Quite annoying actually....
I've been reporting posts since basically the day I got here more than a year ago, but we seriously need to sack anyone who tries to advertise in inappropriate places. It was manageable for the longest time, but now it's just become out of control.

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
I've been reporting posts since basically the day I got here more than a year ago, but we seriously need to sack anyone who tries to advertise in inappropriate places. It was manageable for the longest time, but now it's just become out of control.
Agreed to that! The fact many only come here to advertise is just horrible. The whole social aspect of a community is lacking with those people....

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
Agreed to that! The fact many only come here to advertise is just horrible. The whole social aspect of a community is lacking with those people....
**I was about to rant about how I think advertising here is pointless, but I'll save it for another day**[DOUBLEPOST=1448316783][/DOUBLEPOST]@Nerd - Do you think it would be a good idea to have something like this sticky-ed in all of the appropriate places before a system can be put in place for such?

Last edited:
Reactions: TwilightPrinze

Nerd

Apr 22, 2014
Lithuania
YouTube
ConfusedNerdTV
Hello guys, we obviously agree that this is a huge problem and are working on possible solutions.

Right now it is hard to determine who honestly forgot to read the rules and who intentionally wants to spam only, thus having harsher punishments would not exactly work. Right now anyone who advertises in wrong sections for the first time will get a verbal warning, if it happens again a full warning point is issued and so on. That is because curently forums are not focing new users to read the rules. With 2.0 new users will be forcefully directed to the rules page, so that "forgetting to read them" does not happen anymore.

As for your sticky threads idea... im not sure it would help but its something we can try... Though usually if people dont bother with rules they most likely wont bother with sticky threads either.

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
Hello guys, we obviously agree that this is a huge problem and are working on possible solutions.

Right now it is hard to determine who honestly forgot to read the rules and who intentionally wants to spam only, thus having harsher punishments would not exactly work. Right now anyone who advertises in wrong sections for the first time will get a verbal warning, if it happens again a full warning point is issued and so on. That is because curently forums are not focing new users to read the rules. With 2.0 new users will be forcefully directed to the rules page, so that "forgetting to read them" does not happen anymore.

As for your sticky threads idea... im not sure it would help but its something we can try... Though usually if people dont bother with rules they most likely wont bother with sticky threads either.
It would be pretty hard to avoid the title of this thread.

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
You would be surprised what kind of obvious things people ignore.... though I will bring this up to the admins.
True enough. And the big obvious title of this thread is still missed by many people who are desperate for that view or two.

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
In my honesty as well, I'd like to try to get people to keep replying to this post, as having it near the top serves as an unofficial reminder of this place not being for what some have used it for.