1. We use cookies! By continuing, you're agreeing to our cookie policy. Learn More.
  2. Collaboration is one of the best ways to grow your audience. Participate in Freedom!'s Collaboration Beta Project now!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Wondering what earned you credits on the forums? The full list has now been added here
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Remember to read the F.A.Q. before posting in the Support section/Portal!
    Dismiss Notice

YouTube Did youtube do some sort of purge?

Discussion in 'YouTube' started by Carl D, Sep 12, 2020.

1. Carl D

Carl D Full Member

Forum Posts:
    So I wanted to ask if youtube did like some sort of purge by decreasing your subscribers and viewers? I'm just curious to know is all.

2. F! Ian

F! Ian Administrator Administrator

Forum Posts:
    Not that I've heard of. YT does regular sweeps of user accounts and sub numbers could be affected as a result. Here's an article they have on it.

https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/6392782

3. Tim Clyde

Tim Clyde Full Member

Forum Posts:
    For two consecutive days, my subscriber count decrease from 320+ to 255. Youtube/google deleted some channel that has violated their guidelines.

4. ninjajou10

ninjajou10 Respected User Freedom! Member

Forum Posts:
    well your views to subs ratio seems weird...also your comments don't seem very "natural". My theory is that you got subs from somewhere out of youtube or from shoutouts, but I might be wrong. Anyways your grow doesn't feel fully "natural" so it might be that. Also there are robot subs that unsub to your channel after some time or get terminated so....idk feels a bit fishy but maybe that's just my thoughts.

5. Tim Clyde

Tim Clyde Full Member

Forum Posts:
    Yes, some of them are unnatural/not organic views and subs. But the sudden drop was unnatural too. There might be a massive termination of channels including some of my subs unfortunately. Anyway, thanks for your opinion. Let's keep going!

6. Carl D

Carl D Full Member

Forum Posts:
    Oh okay that makes sense I'm not really upset or mad I was just curious so that explains it.