Crypto Miner Q and A. 3/19/2018

Stefan Grant

Staff Member
Freedom! Member
Sep 2, 2015
Hi guys,

As many of you know, I am Stefan I am based at Freedom! HQ and am involved in various projects, however when I find my self with a little free time, I like to come and interact with you, answer your questions and offer a little bit of support.

With that said I found my self with a little free time last week so decided to gather up your questions around the crypto miner and try to provide some answers.

Please, note I forgot to copy usernames when I took the questions eeeekkkk so I cant mention names this time around but I will try to next time. Also, some questions are re-worded or have examples added. With that said let's get into the meat of things.

Suggestions

Q: Will the miner support 32bit systems?
A: Sadly we do not plan to support 32bit in the near future.

Q: CPU support?
A: CPU support is certainly in the pipeline and should be with you soon.

Q: Will you allow GPU selection for multiple for GPU users? (Reserve one use others etc.) e.g., I have 3 GPU's I reserve the first for other tasks and set the 2nd and 3rd GPU to mine
A: We currently see this as a more advanced feature, so this is not on the road map for the near future.

Q: Resource allocation (Select how much of GPU to use e.g., 50% so I can do other tasks while mining then ramp it up)
A: We currently see this as a more advanced feature, so this is not on the road map for the near future.

Q: Implement the basic algorithms, like daggermoto, cryptonight and neoscrypt.
A: We will soon support multiple currency's Cryptonight being on the road map.

Q: A built-in profitability calculator. benchmark your card and put in your power cost to get estimated.
A: this is on the roadmap look out for it in the near future.

Bugs
Q:
Sometimes the balance box does not display and causes users to have to restart the miner several times to get it to display.
A: This should be fixed in the next update please let us know if you still have this issue after that.

Q: The AMD Radeon R9 200 Series not registering.
A: We are currently investigating this expect to see a fix soon.

Q: The program sometimes stops mining after several hours.
A: This should be fixed with V0.2.1 please let us know if you guys are still seeing this issue.

Q: Can we make a table of estimated average earnings per GPU type?
A: There is no real accurate way to do this it varies so wildly and we currently do not register what GPU you are using to mine whilst you mine only when a bug report is submitted. I will personally look into this further but can make no promise something like this may have to be a community effort.

And that is it for this one guys. Please let me know if you like this, Found it useful and would like to see more and ill endeavor to get answers to your questions, Also feel free to leave more questions below for next time.

Thanks,
Stefan

Last edited:
Reactions: RyanSellers